Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder that just because Collingwood have publicly scolded Brisbane for not getting the Beams done by their 'deadline', it doesn't mean that he's a guarantee to be at the Pies next year. I also don't think it will affect their chances of getting Greenwood anyway.

Just quietly it'd be a great time to deal with the dogs.

Morale low, they'd love to unveil a signing, show of faith in the direction of the club.

Just do it North.
Was thinking the same earlier today.

Factor in Griff still looks like a walk and Levi makes a reasonable substitute.

Plus a quiet word in Levis ear that it was the Dogs who did actually put in a higher bid than the Pies and it could be argued would love him a little more. He may just come around with a little persuasion.

Given Geelong looks like losing Christensen for #21, how do you feel about that pick for Levi?

I really hope we have enquired about him. Our midfield let us down this season and losing a key player from there will really hurt. Greenwood's experience and aggression would be great for us.

Given Geelong looks like losing Christensen for #21, how do you feel about that pick for Levi?

I really hope we have enquired about him. Our midfield let us down this season and losing a key player from there will really hurt. Greenwood's experience and aggression would be great for us.

That deal is done will be confirmed by Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

21 to cats
Christensen to lions

Yeah, it looks done pending a medical. Given he has had major back and hip injuries over the past 18 months it will be interesting to see if he gets the all clear.

We already have a couple of highly rated draftees from last year (Lang and Jansen) who've played a combined one quarter of AFL so far and pick 15 this year. I really don't see the need for us to pick up another teenager with #21 - would rather trade for an established midfielder who can help us right away.

Why Collingwood, heck them. Shop him around, pay a tiny portion of his contact to equal pies offer if someone else comes in with better picks but less dollars. He should not be picking a club, anyone who feels sympathy for him when he's ditching team mates and the club just as the list is starting to peak has their priorities skewed.

Why Collingwood, **** them. Shop him around, pay a tiny portion of his contact to equal pies offer if someone else comes in with better picks but less dollars. He should not be picking a club, anyone who feels sympathy for him when he's ditching team mates and the club just as the list is starting to peak has their priorities skewed.

Agree.

I'm concerned scooby1279 is providing voice to someone inside the club. Someone party to some trademark weak trading.

Value is ultimately what someone is willing to pay. Just like any goods and services.

A 4 x $450k deal doesn't appear commensurate to a single 2nd round pick akin to that originally used to draft the player 7 years ago. At least not to me.

Will agree to disagree with those who think otherwise.

North fans couple of you suggested a pick 27 + cooney for Greenwood. I would be happy to strongly consider such a trade as there is a bit of a firesale down at whitten oval. Think we could give you a far greater return than the ****heads pies can. We are desperate for experience and leadership so maybe Greenwood can offer us that plus he is in a great age bracket for our young list.

They don't exactly have much to satisfy us though - 30 is their first live pick right now, and their good kids are going to be off limits (just like ours are).

Well I'd like Patrick Dangerfield to come to North Melbourne. Unfortunately 16 is our first live pick right now, and our good kids are going to be off limits.

Result: Patrick Dangerfield will not be coming to North Melbourne.

North fans couple of you suggested a pick 27 + cooney for Greenwood. I would be happy to strongly consider such a trade as there is a bit of a firesale down at whitten oval. Think we could give you a far greater return than the ****heads pies can. We are desperate for experience and leadership so maybe Greenwood can offer us that plus he is in a great age bracket for our young list.

Not sure about that deal exactly but I'd much rather we strike a fair deal with the dogs than get done without lube by the Westpac mob.

Not sure about that deal exactly but I'd much rather we strike a fair deal with the dogs than get done without lube by the Westpac mob.

I agree we could have a multitude of first round draft picks so I am even happy to maybe overpay a little (2nd round pick + cooney) to get a player we need. Griffen leaves a massive hole in our midfield. Also I am led to believe senior players like Cooney, Minson etc contributed to our poor culture. Happy to trade him off.

I agree with most of what you've had to say.

Picks 5 and 25 was a very fair deal Beams imo, but I guess the fact that they couldnt replace Beams with a ready made player was the reason they baulked at it.
Levi would be that ready made player and then they had 5 to try and land a young gun.

Knocking back that deal either means that don't rate Greenwood or they are hoping to shaft us?

I could live with that deal. Who knows if we could get Cooney back to his brownlow form + pick 27 and pick up another decent player for a few years time when Cooney retires, thats a win/win for us.

Why Collingwood, **** them. Shop him around, pay a tiny portion of his contact to equal pies offer if someone else comes in with better picks but less dollars. He should not be picking a club, anyone who feels sympathy for him when he's ditching team mates and the club just as the list is starting to peak has their priorities skewed.
Agree totally dnt bend over to Collingwood but unfortunately its not about loyalty any more! Look at all the good players leaving clubs even grrifen captain of a club wtf! Cant remember so many good players changing clubs..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back