Past #24: Sam Durdin - delisted after 21 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Durds (drafted by Carlton in '22 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

If conditions deteriorate he might be a late out.
In any case he deseves another crack.

It still blows my mind that the legal action of bumping (even when executed correctly as in Durdin’s case) will be punished if an accidental head injury occurs to your opponent.

He literally did nothing wrong. The outcome is pot luck.

The AFL is a parody of itself.

To say I've been 'less than buoyant' about his prospects in the last year or so would be overstating it. He was looking every inch the bust based on, admittedly small glimpses at AFL level. I thought he was lucky to have been contracted for this year.

Anyway, I hope he proves me wrong and that 'big men take time' once again prevails, particularly if Scotty T is in his last year.

I don't get the criticism of him today. It's almost like he's a lodestone for it by virtue of being in the team. He didn't do anything offensively, but defensively he was solid, which I'd rather he get right first as a young KPD. I mean, he certainly wasn't great, but he did his job, which is why I find him being a target to be strange.

I don't get the criticism of him today. It's almost like he's a lodestone for it by virtue of being in the team. He didn't do anything offensively, but defensively he was solid, which I'd rather he get right first as a young KPD. I mean, he certainly wasn't great, but he did his job, which is why I find him being a target to be strange.
He was fine. Serviceable in his first game back.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durdin given a 'chance by new coach' or the 'best available replacement' resulting from injury to another player?

At the same age, Durdin > Taz

By some way too. It took Taz until he was 25 before he got it.

Tarrant was poorly coached.

Many on here wanted him playing back way before Bard did.

I actually think Durdin could be a fwd. That might prove incorrect but I'm not against trying it at some stage. (not just one game)

He was solid without being outstanding. Thought it was the best game he has played at AFL level though.

One thing I notice is that he still really hasn't been an aerial threat at AFL level even though he is a decent set of hands. I hope that really improves.

He done a few nice things yesterday, had a nice little tap back to Thompson or Pittard that highlighted his vision. His kicking is very reliable too.

Thoughts? I thought he was pretty decent again. Only really lost the one one vs one. Spoiled well and made a couple of good plays. Also looks very comfortable with footy in hand.

That’s about right to me. Not knocking it out of the park but playing within himself and the role. We don’t need him to be Taz yet. I’m pleasantly surprised so far with how he’s been going. At this stage I’d rather him in and we keep seeing what we have to work with.

Played a dozen games over 3 years. Give him a clear run at a few games.

Simply has to play the rest of the season.

Now that I think back he’s never really been towelled up. A couple of times it’s looked like his opponent was going to cut loose but it hasn’t happened as yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back