Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

yes no doubt when people got excited about Richo, Kouta, Cripps, Bont, Fyfe they should calm down because height is not a factor

dusty being 6'2(ish) clearly doesnt help his game at all
It’s not his height we are excited about in isolation it’s his height combined with the fact he can play as an effective midfielder At such a height

yes no doubt when people got excited about Richo, Kouta, Cripps, Bont, Fyfe they should calm down because height is not a factor

dusty being 6'2(ish) clearly doesnt help his game at all
Lol deary me. Now Dusty is a “big bodied mid”. This obsession needs to stop.

what would you classify him as giggles? it wasnt that long ago 6'2 blokes were playing CHF

its not a charity. if you have two equal options one 188 one 178 you take the bigger one
I tend not to get caught up in height. We won the flag both times when our midfield comprised predominantly smaller types, but if I had to classify midfielders it would be by playing style (inside, outside, inside/outside).

Wtf is a “big bodied mid” anyway? Is Will Setterfield one?

I tend not to get caught up in height. We won the flag both times when our midfield comprised predominantly smaller types, but if I had to classify midfielders it would be by playing style (inside, outside, inside/outside).

Wtf is a “big bodied mid” anyway? Is Will Setterfield one?

dustin martin having a goat season @ 187/92kgs was pretty handy

dustin martin having a goat season @ 187/92kgs was pretty handy
Lol Dusty is five centimetres shorter than Bont and eight centimetres shorter than Cripps. He’s actually closer in height to Cotchin than he is those two.

He also likes the ball at ground level and never utilises this supposed height advantage you claim he has. Does he ever take a high contested mark like Fyfe or free his arms to release a handball like Cripps?

Guys like Cripps, Bont, Fyfe, etc. don’t grow on trees but they’re the reason there is a new flavour of the month midfielder profile that people in the football world are obsessing over. It’s similar to how people are desperate for every undersized ruckman to be the next Brodie Grundy.

Lol Dusty is five centimetres shorter than Bont and eight centimetres shorter than Cripps. He’s actually closer in height to Cotchin than he is those two.

He also likes the ball at ground level and never utilises this supposed height advantage you claim he has. Does he ever take a high contested mark like Fyfe or free his arms to release a handball like Cripps?

Guys like Cripps, Bont, Fyfe, etc. don’t grow on trees but they’re the reason there is a new flavour of the month midfielder profile that people in the football world are obsessing over. It’s similar to how people are desperate for every undersized ruckman to be the next Brodie Grundy.
Yep and the funny things is Grundy was useless in the last 2 finals they lost.

I blame Supercoach scores as people just look at these scores and take it for granted that the player has a great game. Grundy got 150 in this years losing prelim, and 141 last years losing GF - yet had ZERO impact on either game.

Mind you, I'm a league commissioner of a long term keeper league, so this isn't a crack at anyone who looks to play fantasy football... But I feel like a large chunk of the footy community can't seperate reality from fantasy football.

But I digress.

dusty is very obviously a “big bodied mid”

bont and cripps being taller doesnt change that

dusty is very obviously a “big bodied mid”

bont and cripps being taller doesnt change that
Lol by your definition - and your definition only - he is. Someone on here was claiming >190cm was the criteria for “big bodied mids”, then it got dropped to 189cm, now you’ve lowered it to 187cm to sneak Dusty in. Anyone else at 186cm or 185cm you want to lump in before you make it concrete?

Mind you, I'm a league commissioner of a long term keeper league, so this isn't a crack at anyone who looks to play fantasy football... But I feel like a large chunk of the footy community can't seperate reality from fantasy football.

But I digress.
I've been going on about this for a while... made up numbers based on stats don't tell the story of a players impact on game...

Mugs become experts in their eyes, simply because they know everyones supercoach scores and they can pick a good supercoach team LOL

I've been going on about this for a while... made up numbers based on stats don't tell the story of a players impact on game...

Mugs become experts in their eyes, simply because they know everyones supercoach scores and they can pick a good supercoach team LOL
Exactly and it's why Broad gets no love despite nullifying any opponent he plays on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are clubs really desperate for a undersize ruck?

outside of melbourne 'reaching at pick 3' for jackson i cant recall many clubs drafting rucks higher than CCJ since NicNat

most list managers said they would take someone else @ 3 last draft too

Lol by your definition - and your definition only - he is. Someone on here was claiming >190cm was the criteria for “big bodied mids”, then it got dropped to 189cm, now you’ve lowered it to 187cm to sneak Dusty in. Anyone else at 186cm or 185cm you want to lump in before you make it concrete?

he weighs more than jack reiwoldt and is as strong as an ox

everyone in the football world bar you would consider him a 'big bodied mid'

you injecting the term 'big body' into the convo iirc yet dont understand the difference between that and height

Last edited:
are clubs really desperate for a undersize ruck?

outside of melbourne 'reaching at pick 3' for jackson i cant recall many clubs drafting rucks higher than CCJ since NicNat

most list managers said they would take someone else @ 3 last draft too
What does that have to do with anything I said? My point is a lot of people compare undersized rucks to Brodie Grundy these days. Small undersized rucks are another flavour of the month, like tall mids.
he weighs more than jack reiwoldt and is as strong as an ox

everyone in the football world bar you would consider him a 'big bodied mid'

you injecting the term 'big body' into the convo iirc yet dont understand the difference between that and height
How many developed AFL midfielders don’t have “big bodies”? It’s such a vague and stupid terminology that is open to a variety of interpretations.

And the original conversation was based on height. Dusty isn’t overly tall and is probably just slightly above the average height for a midfielder. He also never uses this apparent height advantage. He does his damage at ground level.

dusty is a chf now

but he is so short how can he play key forward

What does that have to do with anything I said? My point is a lot of people compare undersized rucks to Brodie Grundy these days. Small undersized rucks are another flavour of the month, like tall mids.

How many developed AFL midfielders don’t have “big bodies”? It’s such a vague and stupid terminology that is open to a variety of interpretations.

And the original conversation was based on height. Dusty isn’t overly tall and is probably just slightly above the average height for a midfielder. He also never uses this apparent height advantage. He does his damage at ground level.

dusty has been the no.1 forward play 1v1 for like three years

its impressive he does this without using height

Remove this Banner Ad

Back