Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll leave this here as a comment:

I spent today's game watching with a couple of Tarryn's ex coaches, (North Launceston), they understand "team structure" etc for us and what we're trying with him, but both believe he needs to be playing up forward, in particular, just holding position inside the 50m arc. It's not a criticism of our coaching, but he'd better suit our current needs, in their opinion, kicking goals.

Ferball, not saying he doenst need to work on things, not saying he shouldnt be doing more, just showing that "laziness" is in fact a lazy call, he is getting better, he is improving, plenty of other players need criticism than a 33 game player
What he did was good but he has it in him to do more of it right now.

What he did was good but he has it in him to do more of it right now.

That's bang on I reckon. The calls to drop him are ludicrous. But I can't help but not just feel, but know he is leaving 5+ possessions per game out there, and is not impacting the number of contests that he should be. And we need the ball in his hands more.

Thought it was his best game for the club. Has got a bit of Mark Waugh about him so will be criticised for being lazy when sometimes might just look lazy.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
i don't think he's lazy, but he could be a bit better at times if he had more intensity about him.

Thought it was his best game for the club. Has got a bit of Mark Waugh about him so will be criticised for being lazy when sometimes might just look lazy.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

He does have that about him.

Still think he needs to lift or he’ll end up another Will HoskinElliot as oppposed to his ceiling which I feel is Micky O level.

Thats pretty much it, hes an easy target as he is laconic in his movements,
he has plenty to work on, but he is developing ok,
each game he gets he (seems) to be getting better plus he missed most of last year which didn't help
Far greater issues than him

He’s the mark Waugh of our team- makes things look to easy

Jesus, a couple of absolutely shameful posters in this thread with the lazy calls.

He had one passage of play in the last quarter where he was outworked through the middle and forward by an endurance machine in Clayton Oliver.

It's his first season playing big minutes in the middle, so his tank obviously will improve, but there'll always be a couple of armchair experts calling him lazy because of the way he moves.

He does have that about him.

Still think he needs to lift or he’ll end up another Will HoskinElliot as oppposed to his ceiling which I feel is Micky O level.
I reckon he could be a bit of a Daryl White type, rather than a massive accumulator more a high quality burst player. but regardless the midfield minutes are going to add another facet to his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had one passage of play in the last quarter where he was outworked through the middle and forward by an endurance machine in Clayton Oliver.

That's all it takes. They sweat on it.

I'll leave this here as a comment:

I spent today's game watching with a couple of Tarryn's ex coaches, (North Launceston), they understand "team structure" etc for us and what we're trying with him, but both believe he needs to be playing up forward, in particular, just holding position inside the 50m arc. It's not a criticism of our coaching, but he'd better suit our current needs, in their opinion, kicking goals.
Good insight.
That may be the plan long term, but with a few mids out (Anderson, LDU, Polec, Dumont - even LMac in bursts) and the fact that Nobes wants players to be versatile, they may have taken the chance to have him play a role in the middle to develop.
Also, half forward can be a bit of a deadzone, although he may play there long term, good to mix things up and have him able to be involved in different ways in future.

Thought he was okay. Petracca ripped the ball out of his hands a couple of times so reckon Noble had a few words with him and then sent him to Oliver to teach him a lesson. Will learn heaps from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back