Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't doubt for a minute that TT is a serial offender in unacceptable abusive anti social behaviour, especially towards women. Reading what a couple of the women have said about the impact on their lives after he is no longer in the picture, especially the emphasis on the long term effects, I can't help but think that there could be some embellishment that is aimed at getting a hefty payout at the end of this sorry saga. If that money comes out of TT's own pocket, I don't actually have a problem with it because he hasn't really earned what he has been paid and he makes a big deal out of his highly inflated salary. Perhaps that, more than anything else, will make him think twice about continuing on with this type of behaviour.

That allegation is October which is post season.

I’d like to know when the education program and associated assistance package was put in place.

If any of the allegations remotely hold up and are after the club intervention took place I don’t see any other option than to kick him to the curb.
Yep, as the stories come out, it looks worse.

It's end of career stuff now.

could a been

Last edited:
Ziebell, Cunners, Goldy, Hally, Greenwood and Shiels all have young daughters.

Can’t imagine they, or any of the other players, would be thrilled to have Thomas around the place IF what is alleged ends up being true.

So so disappointing.
He lived with hally on very good terms along with being an ‘uncle’ to his daughter. Obviously that was pre this but in the end this is just an immature fboy that has an ego complex

He lived with hally on very good terms along with being an ‘uncle’ to his daughter. Obviously that was pre this but in the end this is just an immature fboy that has an ego complex
You can keep defending him all you like mate, which I’d advise you not to but free speech and all that.

This stuff has gone way past the point of “immature”. It’s violent and misogynistic behaviour, and he should be punished accordingly IF it’s true.

but in the end this is just an immature fboy that has an ego complex

Nah, he is straight up a controlling and immature narcissist who can’t control his emotions.

Threatening women, in any way, shape or form is simply unacceptable.

Stop making excuses for his terrible treatment of women.

Nah, he is straight up a controlling and immature narcissist who can’t control his emotions.

Threatening women, in any way, shape or form is simply unacceptable.

Stop making excuses for his terrible treatment of women.
Let’s put it this way I know he’s not going after the most innocent type of girls that’s why I’m providing balance

He goes after toxic types

Let’s put it this way I know he’s not going after the most innocent type of girls that’s why I’m providing balance
what GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He goes after toxic types

Toxic or not, it doesn’t give him any right or excuse to stalk, threaten, intimidate or abuse a woman.

It’s pretty easy these days to just ghost someone and simply not respond to texts, calls or direct messages. Instead, TT responds multiple times as if he is some gangsta threatening and trying to intimidate. It is a pattern of behaviour that is inexcusable.

There is a difference to threatening violence and actually doing it. Maybe he was reacting to derogatory remarks from the female counterparts. Who knows. Let the court sort it out. Innocent until proven guilty
No, the difference is what threshold should be met for a criminal conviction and what threshold of behaviour we accept in our footy club. Totally separate things.

We should not (and seemingly haven’t) ‘let the court sort it out’ as bystanders.

Toxic or not, it doesn’t give him any right or excuse to stalk, threaten, intimidate or abuse a woman.

It’s pretty easy these days to just ghost someone and simply not respond to texts, calls or direct messages. Instead, TT responds multiple times as if he is some gangsta threatening and trying to intimidate. It is a pattern of behaviour that is inexcusable.
I’m not saying he is right I’m just providing context

Agree he should just ignore but that’s his immaturity and ego complex taking over. Now that this is public he may finally learn to grow up

Be shunned as Victim blaming. I think there needs to be greater clarity.

TT is a *in goose, thats the ultimate thing here and IDGAF if he is a 7 time AA in the future, don’t need this s**t at our club. Been through enough
Agree and in no way am I defending him.....by context I look at my own 2 teenage sons from multi cultural back ground, the way they speak to each other and mates (including females), and the crap they post. One of them freestyle raps and has his stuff on spotify, and that's pretty damn colourful. I cringe sometimes, private school education, I think a very good upbringing, but at school, in their part time jobs, in their sporting teams and clubs, doing volunteer work, and around adults are polite, courteous, and respectful. I don't know how many times I've had a go at them for stuff they post on socials etc, and taken out of context a potential employer or anyone could use it against them one day. They're 16 and 19 and certainly not in the spotlight or attracting the attention of the opposite sex the way TT would. Sounds to me TT is very immature with that same teen mentality and a load of bravado. That in no way gives him the right to harrass people regardless of whether or not he follows through with threats. Time to grow up.

Mate - if what he’s allegedly done is true, he is not just an immature * boy with an ego complex, but he would be an abusive human being. I don’t know how else to put it.

I’m keen for all the facts to come to light before making final judgments, but the way everything is stacking up it doesn’t look good for anyone.

For me stand down comes after charges are laid and before a hearing, used less as a punishment and more to 1. Let them focus on sorting their life out and the upcoming case; and 2. To prevent the club being dragged into further disrepute, speculation/cameras at club events, etc.

If an investigation is underway and charges not yet laid, then club/league discretion to stand down I think, if that would help them participate more fully in the investigation.

Suspension, even though it's less harsh, is a punishment that comes after guilt is proven IMO, if complete sacking isn't warranted (depends on the crime).

I don't actually mind the NRL's attempt at categorising charges that warrant standing down. Don't necessarily agree with where they drew the line but I think the concept is sound.

Just my two cents

Must confess I spent most of the day posting here, responding as a North fan who hated the idea of celebrating his on-field achievements in spite of what he was getting up to in his private life. Not really thinking about it from a consistent policy position.

It wasn't until I started reading about what the NRL had done and thinking about where the line is that I started to appreciate the club's position a bit.

So, on the basis of what is publicly known about TT, is it your view that it is the correct decision to not have him stand down?

I'm also interested in your position on public disclosure that you referenced obliquely a bit earlier.

Without having full appreciation of the facts, but a general sense of the allegations as reported, is it possible that a non-publicised educational program to deal with TT's s**t was the most appropriate channel?

That allegation is October which is post season.

I’d like to know when the education program and associated assistance package was put in place.

If any of the allegations remotely hold up and are after the club intervention took place I don’t see any other option than to kick him to the curb.
This is both my fear and suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back