Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Just in case anyone had forgotten, Marlion Pickett, who has prior charges for serious assault, is still on bail for Burglary related matter. Still playing.

Funnily enough, the AFL doesn’t seem to have a problem with actual criminal offence allegations. Or rampant drug use.

The line seems to be ‘inappropriate behaviour’.

Good times.
Woke World isnt about justice, its about turning everything upside down. You're looking in the wrong direction trying to make sense of it without understanding its merely one tool of many being used to reshape the world.

Sure we do, we voted for the voice but when someone from the exact background that the voice was asking us to listen too, we call them ‘grubs’ and s**t humans and kick them to the curb when it all becomes to hard to face.
I’m sure North will hope he turns his life around but it’s not their problem anymore and nor it should be. The PA can help him , we have done enough.

Oh, I'm in full agreement. Don't get me wrong.

But my suspicion is that it'll be somewhat complex, and the AFLPA will be a player here too.

At one level, it's as simple as can be - he's out of contract with us come October 30 or whatever the magical date is and if we don't choose to offer him another contract then that's the end of that.

Similarly, there's no rule that says we have to select players, and given the length of his suspension its simply not plausible he plays for us again.

There's some complexity about whether we still have to pay him while he's suspended ... I think where your point comes into play.

The other question is what about next year ... there's no doubt he's worthy of a spot on the list at every club in the comp.

I strongly suspect the length of the suspension is the AFL's way of warning other clubs off him.

Say you're St Hawthendon for example, do you REALLY risk a valuable list spot on a bloke who is a repeat offender and will get an even BIGGER whack if he reoffends?

No chance. The risk he gets himself suspended for a whole season is way too great.

If Tarryn wants to play footy again, he's going to have to do the two years MINIMUM in the WAFL/SANFL to prove he's changed his ways.

Cant wait to see him ripping it up at another club next year where everything will be forgotten and any past issues will be blamed on our "weak culture" and "poor leadership"

Nah, its not the old days. In 2027 or 28 maybe.

I have a feeling his behaviour might be worse than we're expecting if the AFL thought 18 weeks was feasible on top of what just happened with Clarkson.

The suggestion of 18 weeks = a week per shitty text is pretty plausible.

Especially if he was given fair warning he'd get a week for every time he broke the code

I've seen that happen with people.

Its *en weird too sometimes.

It really seems to apply to Tarryn, who appears trapped at about 15 in the way he engages with the world.

Is anyone on this forum confident Tarryn could write 50 coherent words about his life and not assume a 12 year old wrote it when reading it? I find it interesting that essentially he will lose his career for written word abuse rather than verbal or physical. He clearly isn’t reading Macbeth from an intellectual standpoint. I would be surprised if he could read Grug.
perhaps there is some truth to "The Pen is mightier than the sword"..

Sure we do, we voted for the voice but when someone from the exact background that the voice was asking us to listen too, we call them ‘grubs’ and s**t humans and kick them to the curb when it all becomes to hard to face.

Yes, the choice of term "grub" in this instance was particularly distasteful imo.

Yet we're told background or even sex doesn't matter and we're completely interchangeable.
We're told there is no difference between men and women to such an extent you can change anytime you like. But abuse to woman is 100x worse than abusing a man.

Dunno The Warlord. There's at least 5 clubs who could list him, be showered with media kisses for "taking a chance" and have the PR control to do it with no downside.

Nah man, its not 2011 any more.

Every club has a W side, every club's sponsors are desperately sensitive to this stuff.

I may well be wrong, but I'll be stunned if he's on an AFL list next year, utterly stunned.

2026 maybe. Even then I think clubs will want to see more proof of genuine change.

Tbh I think more likely he never plays footy again.

Just don’t go there. It’s not at all relevant in this situation.

Nah man, its not 2011 any more.

Every club has a W side, every club's sponsors are desperately sensitive to this stuff.

I may well be wrong, but I'll be stunned if he's on an AFL list next year, utterly stunned.

2026 maybe. Even then I think clubs will want to see more proof of genuine change.

Tbh I think more likely he never plays footy again.
The irony of course being, that this sort of behaviour is common place among the upper levels of management of companies who sponsor football.

Hypocrisy abounds.

Yet we're told background or even sex doesn't matter and we're completely interchangeable.
We're told there is no difference between men and women to such an extent you can change anytime you like. But abuse to woman is 100x worse than abusing a man.
It is..
as someone who grew up around domestic violence, it is.

Back