Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Very glad he is a past player of our club and not a current one, but all that is immaterial compared to how I feel about what he is charged with. Just appalled. You’d hope opportunities that come with being a professional footballer are good for people’s personal development, giving them resources to shed stuff they are better off without, but apparently not in this case. Such a waste. I hope he turns it around for the sake of his own life and everyone he comes into contact with. But not that he gets back to the free pass this career seems to give his worst behaviour.

Given that he has a November 21 court hearing that pretty much eliminates him from playing in 2025 as that’s past the free agency deadline I believe.
November 21 might only be a mentions hearing - if it's contested (and you'd assume he will contest, as a guilty plea would sink him with the AFL), then it might not be heard until well into 2025

Well for all of those in media land who were campaigning with the unnamed list managers who wanted to remain nameless ….for a possible return……what a bunch of fools you look like now…
Braddles ….those two interviews now look like an absolute train wreck ….what a fool you are…
And anyone taking pot shots at our club….thats supporters from other clubs, media… …thinking they can fix him…Ha get stuffed.
As a member l feel absolutely comfortable…vindicated ….now that what we did then was and now is solidly confirmed as the correct decision …so proud..💙🤍👏👏👏
As for the AFL …grow a set and ban him for life instead of postponing a glimmer of hope for him after 2025…
Jimmy was right…forgiveness doesn’t cut it….
We move on…..

I was wondering if it was going to be in breach of a court order, or if this was a recent fling of his, but the original articles when they were just investigating didn't say.

Appropriate response by the AFL. Wait it out until the court makes a finding but until then he gets **** all benefit of the doubt.

I still dont believe the afl should ban him indefinitely and the emphasis should be on clubs to exercise their own value judgements.

Mainly to give unscrupulous clubs an opertunity to show their hands.

Its unfathomable to me that there's someone so dumb in this world, that they could get fired from a high paying job over sending abusive texts to women, have a hope of regaining that job within 12 months, and then within days/weeks sends more abusive texts to women.

What an absolute spanner.

The same woman! Again!

So sad for all parties involved. The young man is an artisan on the footy field. And that is all he has going for him.
Had a very tough life and his bar for acceptability isn’t considered ok in society. I agree and he seems to have not learnt a thing.

I also find it strange that any decent female would show interest in him. But that of course isn’t the point.

I hope for him that he learns, matures and gets back to AFL life. As much as it would sting to see him calve us up. I’d still dips me lid.

Im not about to dance on his footy grave. But this is bigger than just a guy called TT, and I do wonder with what Al has been through, whether folk are to scared to throw someone against a locker and give them a few home truths.

Everyone is equal inside the four walls of a courtroom.

And yeah I’m pissed at him, but not just him.

All those who were convinced the AFL would allow Geelong or Essendon to get him on the cheap and spin a redemption narrative can rest easy.

I don't actually blame those folks, that's would have happened not long before.

But the new admin of Kane and Dillon aren't like the old lot - the 18 weeks for TT and the long bans for homophobia prove that.

And folks need to understand that if there were any chance of Tarryn redeeming himself, we would have been the ones to do it.

As Greg Baum said in his piece, if any club could do it, it was us.

He's a damaged and broken individual, the only thing now is about how much he hurts himself and others before he's stopped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s clearly annoyed that she’s managed to derail his career and he wants her to pay (not that she’s even in the wrong)

he’s an idiot and can’t keep his mouth shut and let it go since especially considering he was in the wrong

The only person that has derailed Tarryn's career is Tarryn

How, just how did we not have some kind of minder/support/mate with him when stuff went down?

Someone to say dude put the phone down, enough, let it go.
Clearly he lashes out when in pain when he feels aggrieved, how did we expect him to take the ban. His mindset is screwed up, of course he was going to find someone else to blame, its what he does, fatal flaw.
We knew this and it happened anyway ..... WTF

Not sure we supported heavily enough and in the right ways here. Same as mating him up with our 1st ever number 1 pick. Who in their right minds thought this was a good idea. Hell if i was Judas and saw this mess as my mentor id run for the hills as well.

Wonder what effect certain accusations of control over certain players by the coach at a former club had on not putting the foot down and stopping this mess occurring. Were we to culturally gunshy?

One day this kid will calm and wake up to himself, realise he's F'ed up his life and that for these offences society never forgets, never forgives and punishment is life long.

How is there anything here but a future of substance abuse ending in jail/suicide?

As a person totally shit, as a human I do hope he has the support not to spiral further into darkness,

How, just how did we not have some kind of minder/support/mate with him when stuff went down?

Clearly he lashes out when in pain when he feels aggrieved, how did we expect him to take the ban. His mindset is screwed up, of course he was going to find someone else to blame, its what he does, fatal flaw.

Not sure we supported heavily enough and in the right ways here. Same as mating him up with our 1st ever number 1 pick. Who in their right minds thought this was a good idea. Hell if i was Judas and saw this mess as my mentor id run for the hills as well.

Wonder what effect certain accusations of control over certain players by the coach at a former club had on not putting the foot down and stopping this mess occurring. Were we to culturally gunshy?

One day this kid will calm and wake up to himself, realise he's F'ed up his life and that for these offences society never forgets, never forgives and punishment is life long.

How is there anything here but a future of substance abuse ending in jail/suicide?

As a person totally s**t, as a human I do hope he has the support not to spiral further into darkness,
Because he's an adult who has to make his own decisions?

All you can really do is try and put things in place to help people make the right decisions.

As a person totally s**t, as a human I do hope he has the support not to spiral further into darkness,
He did have a mentor - he lived with Aaron Hall and his family

Can you imagine the outrage if the club told an indigenous player they were appointing a minder to monitor and curtail his activities 24/7?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back