Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought that North had made a wrong decision at the expense of the footy club when it sacked TT, but I have now completely changed my mind on that. The catalyst was actually Ferball's account of what a mate of his had told him about TT having been busted for physically assaulting a woman two years ago. It sounded credible to me and I doubt Ferball would have posted it if he didn't believe it to be true. Not everything has to be formally confirmed through the court system for it to be true. There is no grey area in a physical assault of a woman and there is no coming back from that.

The article about Police starting an investigation on the 11th of April into fresh harassment allegations of TT repeatedly phoning an estranged girlfriend day and night well after he had been suspended by the AFL for threatening that same woman is just further confirmation that he can't control himself and has no intention of changing his totally unacceptable behaviour. It can't get much clearer than him writing: "and for them girls I abuse I would do again", and "after what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it".

I presume the AFL will wait for the Police to complete its investigation and to release its findings before making any decisions, but if the text message quotes can be confirmed I believe that alone will be enough for the AFL to refuse to register him and I suspect they will advise all the clubs that they need not bother to try to sign him. His time in the AFL surely is up.

I thought that North had made a wrong decision at the expense of the footy club when it sacked TT, but I have now completely changed my mind on that. The catalyst was actually Ferball's account of what a mate of his had told him about TT having been busted for physically assaulting a woman two years ago. It sounded credible to me and I doubt Ferball would have posted it if he didn't believe it to be true. Not everything has to be formally confirmed through the court system for it to be true. There is no grey area in a physical assault of a woman and there is no coming back from that.

The article about Police starting an investigation on the 11th of April into fresh harassment allegations of TT repeatedly phoning an estranged girlfriend day and night well after he had been suspended by the AFL for threatening that same woman is just further confirmation that he can't control himself and has no intention of changing his totally unacceptable behaviour. It can't get much clearer than him writing: "and for them girls I abuse I would do again", and "after what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it".

I presume the AFL will wait for the Police to complete its investigation and to release its findings before making any decisions, but if the text message quotes can be confirmed I believe that alone will be enough for the AFL to refuse to register him and I suspect they will advise all the clubs that they need not bother to try to sign him. His time in the AFL surely is up.
My mate didn't say he was busted by the cops, just witnessed by a whole bunch of people in a town in Northern Tassie assaulting her, dunno if the cops followed up or not. Just to be clear. (He is a north member and not exactly a pc type but not into domestic violence obviously.)

Tarryn Thomas charged over ‘harassing phone calls’ to ex​

Brooke Greber-Craig
May 21, 2024 - 1:50PM

Disgraced former North Melbourne footballer Tarryn Thomas has been charged for allegedly harassing a former partner.

The Herald Sun revealed on May 10 that police were investigating Thomas after he allegedly called an estranged girlfriend, multiple times during the day and night.

It’s believed the alleged calls were made after Thomas was cut by the Kangaroos and handed an 18-match suspension by the AFL after conduct breaches, including allegedly threatening the same woman on social media.

The shocking messages were revealed by The Herald Sun in February.

“And for them girls I abuse I would do again,” Thomas wrote to the woman.

“After what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it.”

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said police executed a search warrant at an Ormond property on Tuesday.

“Police have charged a 24-year-old Ormond man in relation to reports of alleged harassing phone calls,” she said.

“Police executed a search warrant at a premises in Ormond on Tuesday 21 May about 11.15am.
“The man was arrested and charged with use telecommunications service to harass and breaching a court order.”

Thomas was bailed to the Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court on November 21.

Tarryn Thomas charged over ‘harassing phone calls’ to ex​

Brooke Greber-Craig
May 21, 2024 - 1:50PM

Disgraced former North Melbourne footballer Tarryn Thomas has been charged for allegedly harassing a former partner.

The Herald Sun revealed on May 10 that police were investigating Thomas after he allegedly called an estranged girlfriend, multiple times during the day and night.

It’s believed the alleged calls were made after Thomas was cut by the Kangaroos and handed an 18-match suspension by the AFL after conduct breaches, including allegedly threatening the same woman on social media.

The shocking messages were revealed by The Herald Sun in February.

“And for them girls I abuse I would do again,” Thomas wrote to the woman.

“After what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it.”

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said police executed a search warrant at an Ormond property on Tuesday.

“Police have charged a 24-year-old Ormond man in relation to reports of alleged harassing phone calls,” she said.

“Police executed a search warrant at a premises in Ormond on Tuesday 21 May about 11.15am.
“The man was arrested and charged with use telecommunications service to harass and breaching a court order.”

Thomas was bailed to the Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court on November 21.
Not really a surprise to most of us I am guessing. Surely this is the last straw for the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its unfathomable to me that there's someone so dumb in this world, that they could get fired from a high paying job over sending abusive texts to women, have a hope of regaining that job within 12 months, and then within days/weeks sends more abusive texts to women.

What an absolute spanner.

Statement from AFL re Tarryn Thomas.

The AFL is aware of today’s developments in relation to Tarryn Thomas including that he has been charged with offences that are now before the Courts. The AFL cannot and will not make any comment in relation to those new charges while the police investigation is ongoing.

The AFL reiterates that under the sanctions previously imposed on Mr Thomas by the AFL, he currently cannot train or play at any level of Australian Football without the approval of the AFL including once his 18-match suspension expires.

Please note that the AFL will specifically not permit Mr Thomas to join the list of any AFL Club pending the hearing and determination of the charges that have now been brought against him and subject to the outcome of those proceedings.

More broadly, it is the AFL’s intent that Mr Thomas will not be approved to play at any level of Australian Football pending the hearing and determination of the charges that have now been brought against him and subject to the outcome of those proceedings.

The AFL will continue to monitor the police proceedings.

Good! Brad Scott's ridiculous comments coming back to bite him in the a#$e again given today's information. He will try to find some way to twist them to not look so stupid when asked about them next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back