Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dont make me do it! Dont make me get his tackle averages per game!

Welssy averages 2.6
Tarryn is averaging 3

Wellsy laid 39 tackles in his first season.. Tarryn will lay 60+

I felt I had to point out his 2016 tackling. He averaged nearly 4 and 1/2 tackles a game that year. And in the first half of the year he had only 2 games with less than 6 tackles! In the first 11 games of the year he had 55 tackles. We won 10 of those games. I remember being shocked about it.

I essentially agree with what you're saying tho. If Wellsy was as hard around the ball as TT he'd have been an all time great.

I felt I had to point out his 2016 tackling. He averaged nearly 4 and 1/2 tackles a game that year. And in the first half of the year he had only 2 games with less than 6 tackles! In the first 11 games of the year he had 55 tackles. We won 10 of those games. I remember being shocked about it.

I essentially agree with what you're saying tho. If Wellsy was as hard around the ball as TT he'd have been an all time great.

Wells was a defensive beast when he started, chasedowns, smothers - the works.

Excepting the patch you mentioned not sure what happened.

giantroo somewhere between 15:30-16:00 left on the clock during the first quarter, there was a beautiful little tap from Thomas to Dumont in the middle of a bloody pack. Everyone missed it. There was also another one later on I'll get the time for.

This kid is a Pendlebury clone in traffic. Has more time than anyone on our list.

giantroo somewhere between 15:30-16:00 left on the clock during the first quarter, there was a beautiful little tap from Thomas to Dumont in the middle of a bloody pack. Everyone missed it. There was also another one later on I'll get the time for.

This kid is a Pendlebury clone in traffic. Has more time than anyone on our list.

It was a thing of beauty and is why Cyril was a star. Deft touches and knock ons don't show as a disposal but are just as if not better than a disposal as it usually breaks open the contest.

What I am liking about Thomas is that he seems to be an accumulator as well as having composure, awareness and smarts while being able to execute
He has shown these traits in all of our losses so he doesn't need to be hand fed. If he keeps working hard then we will have a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah just someone who has seen Walsh and Rozee play.

I have seen them play too, I just don't rate players based upon the pitch in Dwayne Russel's voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back