Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas a higher ceiling than LDU? Dunno about that.

No chance in hell.

I'm bullish on Thomas, but LDU will be one of the best mids we've had in the AFL era. LDU's ceiling is a brownlow medal winner imo.

I'm hoping Thomas can have a Wells like career at this point, which to be brutally honest, was nowhere near that level consistently.

Yeah that one will be hard to forget.......haha

Mate, if Will Philips came out as hardcore One Nation voter, it wouldn't change my view of his footy abilities.

It takes a special worldview to change your take on somebody's football skills because they were in a mural.

It’s great we have both, but Thomas won’t be a match winning midfielder.

Not sure it's a fair comparison anyway. Tarryn's value will be measured on impact rather than raw stats as he's not going to be an accumulator, whereas LDU is always going to be judged on how many touches he gets as a full time midfielder. It'd be like comparing Mitchell to Rioli.

Hmmm interesting, he certainly might be moved in there when the match is on the line..

He’s a utility that may have stints in the middle.
Not sure it's a fair comparison anyway. Tarryn's value will be measured on impact rather than raw stats as he's not going to be an accumulator, whereas LDU is always going to be judged on how many touches he gets as a full time midfielder. It'd be like comparing Mitchell to Rioli.

My contention is that LDU will have a high quantity and quality of touches and impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fifth or sixth in line for a spot imo.
In fairness to Snake, I don't think it's that outrageous to pick him behind Larkey, Zurhaar and Stephenson. You'd only need to argue for one of Jack, Curtis, Garner or Turner to be ahead of him and you'd be at 5. Hopefully by the end of the year it will be a ridiculous claim.

First picked and fifth or sixth picked is much the same. Every team has an echelon of at the top of their respective skillset in the squad. We picking Cunnington or Goldy or Taz or Larkey first? None of them, because it doesn't work that way. They'd all be among the first grouping of players to be put in the team. TT is probably in the first grouping because it's not like we have an abundance of young silky forwards that are transitioning to being utilities.

Only watched second half but had few nice touches

classy enough to ping a goal from outside 50 when we were getting torched around footy

He's not quick enough to 2nd guess.

Easy to forget he’s yet to turn 21 and has played 26 games.

Easy to forget that today doesn’t matter and he’s probably jus trying to get to the starting line considering he missed from round 6 last year

Easy to forget that today doesn’t matter and he’s probably jus trying to get to the starting line considering he missed from round 6 last year

Today was the first time I’ve seen him really have license to get up the ground. He had some good moments and some that will be a lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back