Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A good read.......apologies if previously posted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 5 brownlow 😉

Given his trajectory, if he remains fit, there is nothing stopping him from polling top 10 in the coaches awards 2022 onwards.

That sort of Brownlow vote return would need to see him traded (god's forbid) to somewhere like Melbourne, Geelong, Adelaide, Sydney or West Coast to get the recognition he deserves.

Three years of exposed form since he was drafted. Where would he go if the draft was rerun tomorrow? I would have him at about 5:

Sam Walsh
Bailey Smith
Ben King
Max King
Tarryn Thomas
Conner Rozee
Jack Lukosius
Zak Butters
Isaac Quaynor

1634603460338.png

Three years of exposed form since he was drafted. Where would he go if the draft was rerun tomorrow? I would have him at about 5:

Sam Walsh
Bailey Smith
Ben King
Max King
Tarryn Thomas
Conner Rozee
Jack Lukosius
Zak Butters
Isaac Quaynor

View attachment 1263431

Sidenote - I never pondered that the previous years premiers somehow threw so much money out of their tight salary cap to get Gold Coast band 1 compo.

Very Hawthorn-Frawley-Melbourne actually.

The AFL don't mind garnishing extra 1st rounders when they can.

Sam Walsh
Bailey Smith
Ben King
Max King
Tarryn Thomas
Conner Rozee
Jack Lukosius
Zak Butters
Isaac Quaynor

Would you swap him for any of them?

Would you swap him for any of them?

I don't think so although Walsh and Smith are both guns and it is shaping up as a great draft. I can see TT developing into that hybrid mid/forward that will average over 20 possessions and a goal a game for the next decade. I Will set plenty of goals up too.

Pretty good company, now let's see him do it for the year!

Honestly could be a walking 25 touches and 2 goal per game mid if he keeps up the application we saw last year.

I love people that just throws out these stats.

If he's a walking 25 touch and 2 goal a game midfielder, he will win 3 Brownlows, starting with next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back