Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If TT is committed, awesome, if he's not then we should ship him off.

I'm not sure why so many around here are so devastated at the potential loss of players whose hearts are not in it. If you want guys like JHF and TT to keep dishing out half-hearted performances wearing a North jumper then great, I don't. You need a team who all play their role and work together to win a flag, not individuals.

A player can have all the talent in the world but if their head and heart aren't in it, get rid of them and get some players in who give a s**t.

I'm not even suggesting TT's head and heart aren't in it - but if they're not and he wants to go, then I wouldn't stand in his way.

I'm not sure why so many around here are so devastated at the potential loss of players whose hearts are not in it.

A player can have all the talent in the world but if their head and heart aren't in it, get rid of them and get some players in who give a s**t.
I agree with the premise, but I still think TT is one of those players with enough natural talent in their little finger that as long as they can run out a game then even at half rat power they're a best 22 lock.

I agree with the premise, but I still think TT is one of those players with enough natural talent in their little finger that as long as they can run out a game then even at half rat power they're a best 22 lock.

TT from 2 years ago? Yep agree.

TT from this year? Go play elsewhere (provided it was related to him not being invested).

TT from 2 years ago? Yep agree.

TT from this year? Go play elsewhere (provided it was related to him not being invested).

This.

Tarryn is the biggest boom or bust proposition on our list at the moment. Pre-season I would have described him as the most untradeable propsect we had.

That goes to demonstrate how bad of a year he had.

He's either Jack Martin/Richard Tambling in 2 years or he's Shaun Burgoyne. It's all down to his professionalism, which is arguably the hardest thing to shift in a player who has major issues with it.

If Gold Coast were the club (i'm not sure how they manage his cap requirements tbh) and Adelaide's pick #6 from Rankine was on the table, I'd be 50/50.

He seems to be puting in a big pre season if the rumours are right. I just hope it is to step up at North rather than impress potential suitors.
Heard some mail GK? He digging into some trackwork? This if true is great to hear. A fit and focused TT is effectively a gun recruit

He seems to be puting in a big pre season if the rumours are right. I just hope it is to step up at North rather than impress potential suitors.
The pessimist in me thought that the very moment I seen this footage because;

1. He’s renowned for not being a great trainer.
2. Pretty sure he’s never publicly posted any outside the club trainings on SM before ever.
3. Why do it now? - especially when there’s been rumours of other clubs (GC) talking to his management all year..

Bundle that up along with him being very tight with JHF and I can see them both in cohorts to bail on the club at the last minute, giving us a big 🖕

The optimist in me says he’s doing it to show Clarko he’s on the bus..

Time will tell..

I'm not sure why so many around here are so devastated at the potential loss of players whose hearts are not in it. If you want guys like JHF and TT to keep dishing out half-hearted performances wearing a North jumper then great, I don't. You need a team who all play their role and work together to win a flag, not individuals.

I'm not even suggesting TT's head and heart aren't in it - but if they're not and he wants to go, then I wouldn't stand in his way.
If I was certain that his heart wasn't in it then I wouldn't be devastated at the loss.

But part of a trade request is learning for certain that his heart is not in it. That is part of the devastation.

If he doesn't want to be here and we get a good pick (5?) then it is what it is.

Speaking for myself, I agree if they don't want to stay then we are better off without them. Its the things constantly not going our way again and again that is devastating. We just can't seem to get anything to go our way at the moment and its pretty disheartening TBH.

Last edited:
Speaking for myself, I agree if they don't want to stay then we are better off without them. Its the things constantly not going our way again and again that is devastating. We just can't seem to get anything go our way at the moment and its pretty disheartening TBH.

One of the best things to do to get things going your way is to have a group of staff and players who are united and have their hearts in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps we should go and get Joel Selwood to join our coaching stuff and in cases like this, if there is an attitude problem, Selwood would be the bloke to turn things around. I'd actually offer him a one year playing contract as well, but I'm just a stupid old fart.

Perhaps we should go and get Joel Selwood to join our coaching stuff and in cases like this, if there is an attitude problem, Selwood would be the bloke to turn things around. I'd actually offer him a one year playing contract as well, but I'm just a stupid old fart.
He's cooked and definitely the right decision to retire on a high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back