Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

17028865.jpg

I haven't coached for 10 years but with young kids of my own I might again soon.

Why not?

Because I live in northern NSW and half the kids can't even kick let alone handball or mark properly. Its hard enough to get a full side and half the games are 9 or twelve a side. They have to learn concepts like running to space, covering your player and other things that 10 year olds in a football state already understand.

If I was in Aussie Rules territory it might be a different story with that drill. U14s are kids in high school and if they can do all the rest they need to learn desire and competitiveness.

Very, very good game. He makes stuff happen. Strong as an ox overhead. He is massively important to us for the next 5-6 years.

Edit: BTW love his understated celebrations. Kind of like "Yeah, I'm the s**t. Next."
He's got a bit of the Paul Reiffel's about him when celebrating

I love him so much AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!

When he took that mark against Freo I was having a snakes and the missus calls out "Your boyfriend just took the best mark"

****!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've met the missus, you mess with her at your own peril.

Such is the depth of my feelings for TG that I'm willing to that chance.

Ridiculously talented isnt he. I wonder if we will ever roll him through the middle or if he'll be a half foward for good. Body would probably fall apart in the middle though.

The contested mark, then goal and the deft touch on the goal line to keep the ball in play which Atley ended up kicking a snag from we're as important as any passages of play today.

He does some things that make you go F***k!

That screamer and composed shot which followed were exactly what we needed, having gone for ages without snagging a major. It's also exactly what you hope someone with X-Factor will be able to produce. Brilliant Garns!

That screamer and composed shot which followed were exactly what we needed, having gone for ages without snagging a major. It's also exactly what you hope someone with X-Factor will be able to produce. Brilliant Garns!

Only real contested mark forward we have, that third quarter mark showed how valuable he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back