Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Ex players speak of a game that Dennis Pagan used to play called who wants it ?? where Dennis would kick the ball 40m & get 2 players to go 1v1 to retrieve it by hook or by crook it didn't matter . Invariably the bloke who wanted it most would get the ball back to Dennis . Both players would be completely knackered by the end of it after around 2 or 3 mins of multiple efforts .

Remember this.

Dennis would get the boys out on to the track after a disappointing loss, pick out the offenders and the blokes in the seconds who were in line for a promotions, and in his words "sool them on to each other"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sool

I remember that drill when I used to play.

And I still recall nothing was more frustrating than getting the ball, and the coach deliberately sidestepping the pass back so we'd have to keep going.

campaigner of a drill. Hurts so much to keep running.

I remember that drill when I used to play.

And I still recall nothing was more frustrating than getting the ball, and the coach deliberately sidestepping the pass back so we'd have to keep going.

And then ... its even worse if they do it twice and you have never had that happen before. Even the split second of "WTF??? Again???" is enough to give the other campaigner 2 metres head start... ouch.

And then ... its even worse if they do it twice and you have never had that happen before. Even the split second of "WTF??? Again???" is enough to give the other campaigner 2 metres head start... ouch.
Yeah and the coach would say it toughens us up. * off- I was playing U-14s, not storming the beaches.

The one thing that stood out for me yesterday was this bloke needs continuity in his game.

Literally took him a half to get ready.

Stay healthy, champ; you have by far the highest cieling at the club!

Yeah and the coach would say it toughens us up. **** off- I was playing U-14s, not storming the beaches.

I used to coach u-14s and there is no way I would have done that as a training drill. OK maybe in Melbourne if I was coaching at my old school, but I'd never get a gig there anyway. In the seniors tho, looking back, I thought it was a good exercise. Helps if you've got a metre or two on your teammates over a short distance.

I love him so much AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!

When he took that mark against Freo I was having a snakes and the missus calls out "Your boyfriend just took the best mark"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love him so much AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!

When he took that mark against Freo I was having a snakes and the missus calls out "Your boyfriend just took the best mark"

That's not how she tells it. Apparently you did see the mark and immediately said "I'm off for a snake's" and it took longer than usual.

That's not how she tells it. Apparently you did see the mark and immediately said "I'm off for a snake's" and it took longer than usual.

You talk to my woman again, Imma cut you homie. Cut you reaaaaaaal good.

(I jest!)

I told her that I love TG as much as her, not more, but it is OK because nothing will ever happen between me and Taylor.

I might be thick but what's a snakes

How long till he tackles someone and breaks all the bones in their body and the MRP suspend him for 5 years?

Absolutely love this guy. Him and Sugar are our bash brothers

I have no doubt in my mind he will get done for a sling tackle at some point - he will tackle the wrong player and they will be concussed for weeks

Garns is moving that quick he looks like he is in a movie from about 1910

Remove this Banner Ad

Back