Player Watch #28: Bigoa Nyuon

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay depth. I hope they didn't give him any more than a 1 year deal, as his VFL form doesn't justify anything more than that. At 22 y.o I guess there is the potential for a little bit of upside.

Even though he is 197cm I don't think he has the strength to play on the big boys either. Only avg'd 11.2 disposals and 4 marks per game at VFL level this year, but he did spend sometime playing in the ruck.

1b4858fbd24046a81cace5ee18d19c868262b91f

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne has secured key defender and ruck Bigoa Nyuon following a trade with Richmond on Monday.

The Roos receive the 200cm Nyuon in exchange for pick No.65 in the 2023 AFL Draft.

The 22-year-old was originally taken by the Tigers as a third-round selection in the 2019 AFL Draft before being re-selected in the 2022 Rookie Draft.

He was one of Richmond’s most consistent key defenders in the VFL throughout 2022 and earned his AFL debut in his team’s Round 9 win over Hawthorn in the same year.

North Melbourne head of football talent Brady Rawlings said the club was pleased to welcome Nyuon to Arden Street.

"Biggie is an athletic key defender who stood out to us with his ability to take intercept marks and his versatility to play as ruck," Rawlings said.

"The Tigers have a few tall options down back and in the ruck, so he’s searching for an opportunity to play senior football.

"We look forward to welcoming him into the club and seeing his attributes further develop here."

Welcome Biggy

Could Nyoun play as our 2nd ruck (start in defence) on game day? This allows us not to play CCJ as a forward (or play a 2nd ruck) and keep Comben away from rucking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back