Player Watch #28: Bigoa Nyuon

Remove this Banner Ad

6mins is sharp. Tarkyn O'Leary won the NAB Combine 2k with 5.48 in 2023.
Only Ollie Hollands and Jason Gilbee ran sub 6 in 2022 end of year combine (each 5.55). Drury ran 6.25 to finish top 10.

But, to your point, it was Dyl Stephens slowest time trial time for a while I understand.
Those times for Sympkin and Stephens were from the players record of the results.

In any case, the point was, Biggie was no slouch, as otherwise suggested, re his tank.

FYI, Tarryn Thomas ran about 7.50 I believe.
Yeh biggies tank is good

He, Logue and Corr all have good stamina which is rare for KPD

Biggie also having good pace and leap, he’s a great athlete the upside is huge

I think that's a fair assessment. I think quite a few of the senior players lost a lot of respect for him after splitting with his wife and probably were never able to respond to his coaching after that, given the role Mrs. Hardwick, as he used to refer to her, played at the Club. The players it seems loved her input and presence and it would be hard for them to again commit quite to the level they did in the past two flag years.

It will be interesting to see how the GC players react to him. Will he get the same level of performance and commitment from them, as he did at Richmond? Maybe, though very few coaches manage to achieve quite as much when they move on to their next club.

Clearly an exception in the case of Ron Barassi, who was as good at North as he was at Carlton, but even he couldn't get the godees back to a flag, though he did some very good work resurrecting the Swans back to being a competitive outfit once again and they haven't looked back since then.

Do you hold the same doom and gloom prediction for Clarko at his second club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you hold the same doom and gloom prediction for Clarko at his second club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really predicting anything, more just speculating than anything else. Having said that, yes, I think it will be nigh on impossible for Clarkson to achieve what he did at Hawthorn. But if he managed to get us to just one flag, that would be an exceptional effort.

Yep, he spent years building up the culture of the Richmond Man and how Mrs Hardwick kind of determined if you were enough of a Richmond Man to sit at the dinner table etc.

Then ditched her for the younger model. Complete loss of integrity.

This is a nonsense view regarding him splitting up caused the decline.

The reality was his star players started to decline with age and it exposed the next tier of player who were not that good.

People figured out their game style too which didn’t, or wasn’t capable of evolving with the cattle they had.

This is a nonsense view regarding him splitting up caused the decline.

The reality was his star players started to decline with age and it exposed the next tier of player who were not that good.

People figured out their game style too which didn’t, or wasn’t capable of evolving with the cattle they had.

I'm not sure its a nonsense view. Certainly the performance of some of the player fell off with age and some retired/moved on, but also some players had difficulty relating to his message before the split, with his actions in splitting as he did. That has been mentioned by some of the players including Trent Cotchin. Here is a link to an article which talks about the players reaction to the news.

I've been hearing a few whispers that Biggy is a "friend" of T Swift. You just can't help but wonder what impact it would have on the club if Biggy & Swifty became an item.

Thought he looked good? Factoring in the whole depleted opposition shtick, I quite like the dynamic he had with Pink and Dawson.

He looks really agile and "bouncy", great height/reach, competes and has decent skills.

Definitely something to work with.
how good would it be is some of these 'bargain buys' - K Dawson, Biggie, Pink - went bang and had good careers; what a boost it would be to the elite talent further down the ground

Bargain buy in an area of need.

All upside as far as I am concerned.

Either becomes very good depth or it clicks and we have ourselves an athletic and capable big defender.

We can’t lose the other this one considering needs and what we gave up.

I think he might surprise a few.

He looked shaky at times in the match simulation, but gave him a big tick for having the ability to actually be in the contest to make some of those errors.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been hearing a few whispers that Biggy is a "friend" of T Swift. You just can't help but wonder what impact it would have on the club if Biggy & Swifty became an item.
forget the "item" part just make her our number #1 supporter...:D

They aren't there yet, besides Ford was an early 4th rounder, not quite in the bargain category unless he becomes a 3 time all-Australian. X on the other hand, at pick 72 would be a bargain if he works out.
Pick 56 and he's won a RS nomination. IMO thats bargain territory but he needs to play for a year at that level.

Thought he looked good? Factoring in the whole depleted opposition shtick, I quite like the dynamic he had with Pink and Dawson.

He looks really agile and "bouncy", great height/reach, competes and has decent skills.

Definitely something to work with.
I thought for someone who hasn’t had a lot of senior experience he seemed reasonably calm and composed.

Bargain buy in an area of need.

All upside as far as I am concerned.

Either becomes very good depth or it clicks and we have ourselves an athletic and capable big defender.

We can’t lose the other this one considering needs and what we gave up.

I think he might surprise a few.

He looked shaky at times in the match simulation, but gave him a big tick for having the ability to actually be in the contest to make some of those errors.
He's been far better than i expected. Agree a bit at sea at times but its very early days for him.
Like you say, at the very least we have back and its all upside.

Was pleasantly surprised by him yesterday. He looked quite composed with ball in hand and his kicking was very neat. Think he’ll gain some confidence from that outing and will be interested to see how he progresses now even if it’s at VFL level.

Aside from Comben and eventually Wil Dawson we don’t have anyone with his height/athleticism to really impact aerially against the giant forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back