Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

What the thinking here ?

•9th year on the list
•Struggling to get picked in the 22 of the wooden spoon team
•Out of contract end of year

What the thinking here ?

•9th year on the list
Still plays that lockdown small defender better than anyone on our list

Archer the other

No issue keeping him 1 more year or on rookie list

VFL leadership, no longer on list. Shame, really, I remember when he burst on the scene crunching blokes with his 12yo body. Thanks for the memories Kayne.
From memory, he pole-axed blokes in his first two or three games (including Phil Davis if my ageing brain recalls correctly)

What the thinking here ?

•9th year on the list

Quite simply does not impact games enough and for the list to get better, cuts need to be made to open up list spots.

Too many similar players on the list (McDonald, Bonar, Bergman, Hayden, Bonar, Archer, McGuiness, Goater, Atu) that are younger and offer more offensively.

The balance of the list needs to be corrected and unfortunately he will need to make way as we can’t get better rolling out the same players next year. If we are going to take 3 picks in the draft and maybe target 1 or 2 free agents or trades then some cuts need to be made.

Happy to stay in the VFL in a leadership role, but in reality, wouldn’t even be in the best 12 players in the VFL team which says enough in itself.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I might get some disagreement but for mine he must be delisted.

He simply has to go imo. (and Walker despite our list position, he isn't the future)

Neither are good enough for the level, both try hard but we need more than that from "senior" players.

I'm backing in our younger crop to take us further, and i've seen enough of these two to suggest it's time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9 years on the list and had gone backwards over the last two years.

Below average as a forward, below average as a small defender.

Get the best out of himself but he isn’t going to improve any further. He is a known quantity and that quantity isn’t going to improve us as a team.

If they were happy to get rid of Dumont (who had far higher finishes on the BNF compared to Turner) last year then there should be no hesitation in moving on Turner this year.

Unfortunately Kayne is now well and truly a list clogger.

I can't believe we delisted Dumont, Wood, Williams and others and kept Turner.
simply comes down to when contracts expired, its hardly a conspiracy, said player gets a contract renewal then form declines, he is protected for the term of the contract, alternate player form declines as does contract its good night irene.

simply comes down to when contracts expired, its hardly a conspiracy, said player gets a contract renewal then form declines, he is protected for the term of the contract, alternate player form declines as does contract its good night irene.

He got a two year deal in 2020 off the back of a broken foot. He hadn’t exactly set the world on fire in 2019 either averaging 12 disposals and 0.5 goals per game.

He got extended in October 2020 in the same year we delisted McMillan, Wood, Durdin, Daw, Williams and traded Higgins.

He has clogged the list ever since.

How great would of it have been if his physical size matched the size of his heart. Would have been a superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure it's his size as much as lack of pace and skill.

As a defensive forward in a good team he was ok.

Once the team started to decline and we needed him to take on a more key role, he wasn't capable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back