Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that is fair reply. If we are into Martin and Papley as reported he might be in strife for that position. I still think there is merit in sending him to a back pocket. Straight line runner, could work in tandem with Marley shutting down small forwards. Just don't think he is man up forward, pardon the pun, going forward

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We don't need another small backman, particularly one with average disposal.

Turner is a hard at it footballer and that's great and all... but he doesn't have the flare that a player like Zurhaar has. Which brings me to my next point...

Turner's ability comes to a halt when we are on the counter, and when we need him to hit the target with perfect accuracy and timing. Whenever he gets the ball on the break, he can sometimes either rush himself or take too long.

He can crumb, but his disposal is woeful making his crumbing useless. He should've nailed that snap in the first or gave it off.

This guy was drafted as an inside mid so I'm not surprised his disposal is a bit off and he likes the rough stuff. Maybe give him another crack in the midfield during the preseason. Improving his disposal should be the main focus as well as being a bit more proactive.

I agree. Still think he would be a better defender than forward.

Also think we should trade or delist him and let someone else test this theory.

That's it exactly. He has to earn a spot on its merits, in our current team he simply does not displace any defender IMO. That's not a knock on him, he may be capable of being a very good one, the question is whether that occurs in our AFL, VFL teams or an opponents.

He'd be gold for GwS as they have enough talent but nowhere near the heart or selflessness.

He played well against the Pies but hasn't fired a shot since.

How old is he, 21? Has years before he moves into his prime. He's a good player, and it would be mad to give his spot in the team to someone else.
He's 23. 24 by years end. He has had plenty of opportunity and shown little. Not mad to give his spot to a better player, which we should do in Papley.

How old is he, 21? Has years before he moves into his prime. He's a good player, and it would be mad to give his spot in the team to someone else.
Has played 78 games, never averaged more than 12 touches a game in any of his six seasons.

I love his attitude but the output just isn't enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate him highly out of defence
Can lock down on forwards and has speed coming out
Don't get me wrong, he could be a better defender than forward. But in his one proper game down back he had 4 kicked on him by GAJ, who couldn't get a sniff when closely watched by JMac. Begs the question, how high do you rate JMac out of defence now?

Don't get me wrong, he could be a better defender than forward. But in his one proper game down back he had 4 kicked on him by GAJ, who couldn't get a sniff when closely watched by JMac. Begs the question, how high do you rate JMac out of defence now?

It was atley not Jmac

Incorrect. Watch the 2nd geelong game again. JMac blanketed GAJ in the first half so he had to chase kicks up on the wing. Atley may have marked him later, but JMac gave GAJ a bath.

My bad / thought you were talking bout the first game.
Second game has been banished to the trash

I doubt he's going anywhere, his numbers this year is an improvement from last year's, other than his disposal, there's really not much wrong with his game. You need hard blue collar players like him in your team. I doubt he's on big money contract anyway so worst case he's a decent backup for injuries.
Other than Thomas (who'll be a permanent mid eventually), we don't have a small forward to fill the role. So unless we somehow draft a Rioli this year, I don't see him get traded before his contract ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back