AFL Player #28: Xavier Duursma šŸ¹

Archery or no archery?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but have you seen Y play? There's no place for her in our AFLW side, VFLW standard at best (and even then not a standout I wouldn't have thought).
VFLW team has room so thatā€™s okay. Hopefully we get bigger lists one of these years to go with the longer seasons

Assemble all the Duursma's, but I suspect Willem might be the one to start jockeying for.

Playing TAC cup as a 15 year old, playing Seniors for Foster regularly and VIC Country's MVP at the u16 Carnival.

All this talk of his courage is making me wonder about his concussion history
Yeah he backs back into packs in defense sometimes to his own detriment. It could end being an issue in this modern environment.

Bloody courageous though.

One thing I would say is be patient when he comes back from injuries. He seems to take more games to get going again than most but once he does he really lifts his output.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play him as a rebounding defender. We still haven't covered that area of the list so far this off-season and it's a clear hole in the team. We don't need him as a winger - Martin is way better offensively and Durham much better as a defensive winger. Let him use his running capacity to attack out of D50 and down a wing ala prime Whitfield.

Assemble all the Duursma's, but I suspect Willem might be the one to start jockeying for.

Playing TAC cup as a 15 year old, playing Seniors for Foster regularly and VIC Country's MVP at the u16 Carnival.
Also made the senior Mid Gippy team of the year, named on the wing. Its a rubbish football league, but still a good effort from half a dozen games

Iā€™m sure all the courageous talk is a pisstake. Did he not squibb a lot in the finalsā€¦ hard runner, yes. Courageous, no.
Think it was more fumbled a few under pressure than actually squibbing a contest. He is certainly not a player who plays a physical beast game but from what I have seen he is not a squib .

Back