Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically said that this possibly wasn't the end, and then later Barret announced interested from Collingwood. If you link the two together it seems almost certain that Boomer will be in the black and white next year.

Lol. Far from certain. First, boomer has said he wants to keep playing but it could well be with his brother, so continuing for him doesn't necessarily mean with another AFL club. Second, if every player that was linked in the media to Collingwood each year actually played for them they would be fielding a list of 60 every season - it is a cliche of this time of year. And finally, Barrett. A lot being made of a little here.

in a perfect world boomer would stipulate in his contract that he wouldnt play against north unless finals. Although we would never see that happening. Boomer never misses games
Yep. Give it the old soccer loan treatment. Imagine if garner crunched him in a tackle...my head would explode due to the conflicting emotion.

In the cold hard light of day, I have no issue with the choice to let the departed go. Considering our lack of pace and quality ball use I would have kept Boomer on next year.

That being said, the team needs to learn to be less reliant on the Boomer safety blanket and if that forces some of the guys who's careers are stagnating like Cunnington and Atley, then it is far from the worst decision.

While the PR was botched, I have no issue with decisions made and will have no issue with any of them deciding to play on. If a club sees fit to give them an opportunity then more power to them for continuing doing what they love.

My issue won't be because of the colours they might be in, but would prefer guys like Wells/Boomer/Drew going to contenders for an elusive flag they deserve, and not go to clubs where their lack of consistency might be a bit harder to hide.

Club needs a kick up the arse, but people need to ease up on the club with the Boomer decision IMHO.

I don't like this from Boomer. He has always said that the only reason why he keeps playing is to win another premiership. I wouldn't have thought the Pies are in the window to win the flag next year. They would be happy to get in the finals. I can understand Sydney, Hawks, Cats but the Pies. It's like Boomer is giving the finger to Brad.

Just as long as he doesnt play 50 games for that s**tstain of a club and the AFL changes the FS rule...I will be ****ing dirty.

If Boomer actually ends up coaching for the Pies and playing for them to reach his 450, NMFC need to have a strong look at themselves in the mirror and realise how dumb they are. I'm sure a guy who has played a good odd 20+ years or so has a small idea of strategy in the game that could well translate to being a good coach, not only that, but his form is still top notch and is extremely useful.. I seriously hate the Pies even moreso than Hawthorn, but even Boomer moves I'll be forced to ''barrack'' for them to do well just for Boomer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood would then hold the games record. Bleh.

If he is in a Pies jumper I hope JZ puts him into next week.
I'm so conflicted. Not sure whether to 'like' or disagree. I have 8 jumpers with 29 on the back but i can't stand the thought of him in a pies jumper

Being pissed off and not finding it pleasant are two different things.

IMHO him pulling on a Filth jumper effects his legacy.

Complete rubbish.

He wants to play on, he was and always will be a legend of our club

No matter who he goes on to play for will not change that

Take a week off mate, you have lost your shit

Complete rubbish.

He wants to play on, he was and always will be a legend of our club

No matter who he goes on to play for will not change that

Take a week off mate, you have lost your shit
Well, I suppose legacy is a subjective issue in some ways. So I don't agree it's 'complete rubbish'; it's an opinion. In this case, one I share.

Yes, he'll always be a legend of our club, but personally I see it being diminished by playing on elsewhere (anywhere).

He's entitled to play on - of course - but as a NM supporter I'd rather he bowed out gracefully as a one-club player, like he said he'd be.

Only Forwards does seem to have taken too many angry pills lately though. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back