Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on Boomer playing on for one more year. IF Wellsy was going on anyway I'd have been more inclined to keep Boomer on. Still happy enough with the rationale of an 'aggressive reset' and handing over the reins.

Can we get Hawkins to talk to Boomer?
I'll bet Dougie regrets that sooky extra year at the other club.

There's heaps of players that thought they had another year and went on to be battlers at other clubs.

Acker, Carey, Stokes, Kelly, Hall etc

I could never begrudge a professional athlete who cashes in for a bigger retirement fund.

If Hawkins told Boomer he made a mistake, all it would take is for boomer to say "Mate, they're offering me 300k to kick a footy around".

Hawkins- "Your shout Boomer"

I am curious to hear the story as to who did and did not want him delisted.

Scotts yes or no.
Walsh yes or no.
JB yes or no.
Crocks yes or no..

Etc....

This was obviously not clear cut.

Does it really matter at the end of the day?
I'm thinking Cam Joyce would have been a large part of the process.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Complete rubbish.

He wants to play on, he was and always will be a legend of our club

No matter who he goes on to play for will not change that

Take a week off mate, you have lost your s**t

Never said he wouldn't be a legend of our club.

I said it would have an affect on his legacy, which it would.

Right now there is a playing list of ours that revere the guy.

How could they do that and line up against him?

If you look through my posting history I suggested changing the name of the BnF to the Brent Harvey Medal, better than having some guy who played elsewhere, well why would we do that if he's just gonna do the same?

Only Forwards does seem to have taken too many angry pills lately though. :p

What's not to be angry about?

We played decent football for the first half of the year then absolutely shat the bed.

Culminating in list changes that have cut deep with the releasing of 3 shinboners from our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just relax until he actually signs for Collingwood, plays well for them and it actually comes back to hurt us.
81bcef1f8bad3bfb655e3ffb96ec6671.jpg

In the cold hard light of day, I have no issue with the choice to let the departed go. Considering our lack of pace and quality ball use I would have kept Boomer on next year.

While the PR was botched, I have no issue with decisions made and will have no issue with any of them deciding to play on. If a club sees fit to give them an opportunity then more power to them for continuing doing what they love.

Club needs a kick up the arse, but people need to ease up on the club with the Boomer decision IMHO.

Did we botch it, or are selfish one-way players like Boomer and Dal putting their own self interest above the club (one of which was heading into a finals series) more to blame?

Personally I hold no ill-feelings towards the club at all considering the circumstances they were forced to deal with.

There's heaps of players that thought they had another year and went on to be battlers at other clubs.

Acker, Carey, Stokes, Kelly, Hall etc

I could never begrudge a professional athlete who cashes in for a bigger retirement fund.

If Hawkins told Boomer he made a mistake, all it would take is for boomer to say "Mate, they're offering me 300k to kick a footy around".

Hawkins- "Your shout Boomer"
James ?? he actually wasn't seen on struggle street this year.

Did we botch it, or are selfish one-way players like Boomer and Dal putting their own self interest above the club (one of which was heading into a finals series) more to blame?

Personally I hold no ill-feelings towards the club at all considering the circumstances they were forced to deal with.

My post pretty much indicates the club weren't completely in the wrong.

I also agree the fact they both had their careers and not the season in the forefront of their minds was a good indication it was time to move on and the clubs decision was justified.

Considering the service Boomer has given the club, I don't see much gained by shitting on the bloke, and would prefer to save energy and enjoy the many good times he's given us over the past 20 years. The good so far outweighs the bad. Same goes for Spud and Dish.

My post pretty much indicates the club weren't completely in the wrong.

I also agree the fact they both had their careers and not the season in the forefront of their minds was a good indication it was time to move on and the clubs decision was justified.

Considering the service Boomer has given the club, I don't see much gained by shitting on the bloke, and would prefer to save energy and enjoy the many good times he's given us over the past 20 years. The good so far outweighs the bad. Same goes for Spud and Dish.

Yeah fair enough.

Personally I couldn't care less if Boomer plays elsewhere. We are moving on without him, which to me was the right decision and certain behaviour since his exit has clearly confirmed that.

Time for a new North going forward, for better or worse in the short term :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Lol. Far from certain. First, boomer has said he wants to keep playing but it could well be with his brother, so continuing for him doesn't necessarily mean with another AFL club. Second, if every player that was linked in the media to Collingwood each year actually played for them they would be fielding a list of 60 every season - it is a cliche of this time of year. And finally, Barrett. A lot being made of a little here.
I hope you're right, Hearts! Would hate to see someone I grew up watching running around for another AFL club agienst us let alone Collingwood. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back