Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, I got mixed up with Gunston's goal in the second where he basically handed the ball to Puopolo. You're still making way too manyexcuses for him, he was terrible.
When its his first game as the number one key defender, im going to cut him some slack, especially when i think ALL of our defenders played just as bad if not worse than him, and made the game harder than it needed to be. Not to mention our game plan literally puts the back 6 under enormous pressure. Yeah im going to cut him some slack for that game.

When its his first game as the number one key defender, im going to cut him some slack, especially when i think ALL of our defenders played just as bad if not worse than him, and made the game harder than it needed to be. Not to mention our game plan literally puts the back 6 under enormous pressure. Yeah im going to cut him some slack for that game.
He wasn't our #1 key defender when Riewoldt beat him? Or when Pav got hold of him?

His athletic abilities are quite often touted yet if his strength is his athleticism, why isn't it being used. Reckon he was better on a forward flank trying to burn off a defender and not as a defender where he seems to get exposed a little by cleverer footballers.

His athletic abilities are quite often touted yet if his strength is his athleticism, why isn't it being used. Reckon he was better on a forward flank trying to burn off a defender and not as a defender where he seems to get exposed a little by cleverer footballers.

Coaches are trying different things this year.

Playing Ambrose in defence on good forwards like Reiwoldt and Gunston he can learn from them to improve playing forward anyway.

If Ambrose was playing forward for us this year he'd learn Jack s**t. He will definitely learn more playing back.

Coaches are trying different things this year.

Playing Ambrose in defence on good forwards like Reiwoldt and Gunston he can learn from them to improve playing forward anyway.

If Ambrose was playing forward for us this year he'd learn Jack s**t. He will definitely learn more playing back.
That's a good point and you are right as hopefully the experience will do him some good. However, I am still not convinced that down back is his best position given that his aerobic capacity is probably his greatest asset.

Credit where it's due, thought he was good against Cameron. Still loses his man in traffic though, which is a big problem.

I swear that one of his haters from this board must be on the HS payrole.

Bombers Studs: Can you believe it? James Gwilt is the Bombers top scorer with 114. We’re flabbergasted. Zach Merrett kept up his fine form with 108 points to be the only other Bomber to reach triple figures.

Bombers Duds: Patrick Ambrose was rarely sighted and scored 44. Jason Ashby was a late inclusion but didn’t deliver with 53 points to his name. For those still rolling Michael Hartley, he’s going to lose plenty of cash after scoring 55.

Go Paddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers Studs: Can you believe it? James Gwilt is the Bombers top scorer with 114. We’re flabbergasted. Zach Merrett kept up his fine form with 108 points to be the only other Bomber to reach triple figures.

Bombers Duds: Patrick Ambrose was rarely sighted and scored 44. Jason Ashby was a late inclusion but didn’t deliver with 53 points to his name. For those still rolling Michael Hartley, he’s going to lose plenty of cash after scoring 55.

Go Paddy
If we scored so many points how could we not win?

Go Paddy

As far as Supercoach goes, yes he was a dud, so don't take any notice of these Studs and Duds articles.

not another ******* jose...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back