Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - What an absolute jet!

Remove this Banner Ad

B&F fancies: Who's leading the race for your club's top award?​

See which players are likely to take out your club's highest individual honour

Shai Bolton

While he's had the occasional quiet patch in his 20 games this season, Bolton's match-winning ability generally pulls in the votes. Sitting ninth in the AFLCA player of the year count (the highest of any Tiger), Bolton has taken on extra responsibility in the continued absence of Dustin Martin. Impossible to stop either in the middle or up forward, Bolton's footy smarts, athleticism and innate sense of timing has seen him turn more than one game on its head this year. He's averaging 18.4 disposals and 3.9 clearances, ranked third in the competition for total score involvements and has kicked 39.39. – Sarah Black

Other contenders: Daniel Rioli, Dion Prestia, Marlion Pickett, Jayden Short, Liam Baker, Tom Lynch, Nathan Broad

Wasn't at the club and thus didn't train today. Club saying soreness. I hope he's ok!

Sunday game so i imagine they are letting a few rest early in the week

Wowee there’s some laughs to be had at the start of this thread.

Funnily enough some of the usual suspects are involved. Hehe.

I made it through 6 pages...oh boy, there's some 'recycle your user name' material in there...🤣

Out of bloody minded curiosity, can you recall how many more pages the 'everyone at the club should be sacked for picking Bolton over Begley and everyone who disagrees will be trolled' spamtrum goes on for? ;)

I made it through 6 pages...oh boy, there's some 'recycle your user name' material in there...🤣

Out of bloody minded curiosity, can you recall how many more pages the 'everyone at the club should be sacked for picking Bolton over Begley and everyone who disagrees will be trolled' spamtrum goes on for? ;)

I made it through 15 pages. Man this board is shocking. Usual suspects Mopsy, TigerImposter and Sir Loin sooking it up. Mr Magic not there i think that was the time he switched to GWS. Quite funny reading really. Just think Tigerimposter wanted Begley instead....🤣

I made it through 15 pages. Man this board is shocking. Usual suspects Mopsy, TigerImposter and Sir Loin sooking it up. Mr Magic not there i think that was the time he switched to GWS. Quite funny reading really. Just think Tigerimposter wanted Begley instead....🤣

Tiger Imposter and the Mute button are a match made in heaven.

Am going to have to work out the mute button. Struggle to understand some posters have any support more so just hanging for an argument.
Taking 1000 words to say 5, not my thing. 3-4 mutes only.

Last edited:

It's no wonder there's a board rule that we're not allowed to regurgi-quote some of these posts. ;)

B&F fancies: Who's leading the race for your club's top award?​

See which players are likely to take out your club's highest individual honour

Shai Bolton​

While he's had the occasional quiet patch in his 20 games this season, Bolton's match-winning ability generally pulls in the votes. Sitting ninth in the AFLCA player of the year count (the highest of any Tiger), Bolton has taken on extra responsibility in the continued absence of Dustin Martin. Impossible to stop either in the middle or up forward, Bolton's footy smarts, athleticism and innate sense of timing has seen him turn more than one game on its head this year. He's averaging 18.4 disposals and 3.9 clearances, ranked third in the competition for total score involvements and has kicked 39.39. – Sarah Black

Other contenders: Daniel Rioli, Dion Prestia, Marlion Pickett, Jayden Short, Liam Baker, Tom Lynch, Nathan Broad
Given recent form, Pickett, Short and Broad wouldn't be near leading it.

Would have to be either Rioli or Bolton, possibly Lynch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont recall the drop being so high in his earlier days

Me either now you mention it.
He also kicks across his body quite a bit which will bring you undone occasionally too

Just had a look at some of the pre draft vision, looks like he’s always had a little bit of an odd ball drop

Even in general play he brings his hands up to about his chest before he drops the ball
Just must be how he feels comfortable

Just had a look at some of the pre draft vision, looks like he’s always had a little bit of an odd ball drop

Even in general play he brings his hands up to about his chest before he drops the ball
Just must be how he feels comfortable

How the hell did he slide to 29 lol

See ya Francis and Blair and whatever other campaigner runs that ******* dogshit recruiting process down there. Begley went two picks after that selection...OMG

edwards, short, rioli, now bolton....small bodied players duh?

What do we need? Another lightweight one position flanker that cant tackle? Thought we had plenty of those

Continue the skinny hbf type

So we pick a skinny kid with suspect disposal

He is about 20cm short of what we really need. Richmond doing more of the same. Oh well there is always next year
No offence boys but this is a small reason why I love big footy.

I believe many thought he was a flight risk .... thank god!!

Now it looks like there isn't anything that would make him want to leave .... well done RFC ....
Amazing Freo had 2 picks just before him but looks like they traded one for Brad Hill and another in a random pick swap year before lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back