Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - tags N.Daicos vs Collingwood - subbed off at 3/4 time??

Remove this Banner Ad

You're all setting yourself up for disappointment and irrational anger at the club for not being able to engineer a trade for this lad.
There are countless non listed VFL midfielders sorting him out each week. And the young fringe AFL players who also could be available are out performing him.

The market for a small, 3 : 1 handball/kick mid who doesn't kick goals and can't play forward and can't get a game for a winless team is tiny if it exists at all.

You're all setting yourself up for disappointment and irrational anger at the club for not being able to engineer a trade for this lad.
There are countless non listed VFL midfielders sorting him out each week. And the young fringe AFL players who also could be available are out performing him.

The market for a small, 3 : 1 handball/kick mid who doesn't kick goals and can't play forward and can't get a game for a winless team is tiny if it exists at all.
Yes a satisfactory trade might well be out of reach but he will surely be on an AFL list next year.

Yes a satisfactory trade might well be out of reach but he will surely be on an AFL list next year.

Mahoney was one of the worst players to play more than 10 games for the club in the last 30 years, and he got a shot.
On that basis, anything is possible.

But I just wouldn't like to see the club get ragged on for not being able to trade him.

I just don't know what to think about WiPhi anymore. Had such high hopes but he just seems to have too many setbacks along the way. Not sure if he is capable of reaching what looked like promising heights, yet don't know if I am ready to totally write him off. Needs to play a couple of huge games in the twos, force his way into the ones and show us what he can really do. If he is as good as some on here still say then he should be tearing up the reserves. Come on WhiPhi - do it.

Mahoney was one of the worst players to play more than 10 games for the club in the last 30 years, and he got a shot.

But I just wouldn't like to see the club get ragged on for not being able to trade him.
What made Mahony 'sooooo' bad? Bloke had a crack, showed a bit, got some injuries along the way but in the end just wasnt quite up to it.

The impression from the online hatred brigade makes out as if he was worse than Hitler.

What made Mahony 'sooooo' bad? Bloke had a crack, showed a bit, got some injuries along the way but in the end just wasnt quite up to it.

The impression from the online hatred brigade makes out as if he was worse than Hitler.
I've always considered it a silly little in-joke among a handful of supporters to make Mahony the whipping boy. I don't think the vast majority of supporters, and even those online on other social media platforms, were all that concerned about him one way or the other. It was just a Big Footy nuffy thing.

would get a game as a defensive small forward in this dire team

I've always considered it a silly little in-joke among a handful of supporters to make Mahony the whipping boy. I don't think the vast majority of supporters, and even those online on other social media platforms, were all that concerned about him one way or the other. It was just a Big Footy nuffy thing.
You'd hope so.......Jack had more ability in his shoelace than the crabs here that continually took a crack at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't going to get anything for him. Nothing half meaningful anyway. It's pretty obvious if you ask me.

It wasn't Mahony's fault that we drafted him & then extended his contract. It was the brainiacs in charge who did that, is where my anger/bewilderment was targeted.

Those plastic type butter knives you take to a picnic and throw in the bin right? 😎
No, they're the plastic butter knives that Sydney recycled. They're not as good as the were the first time Sydney used them, in fact they weren't that good to begin with but you hang on to them thinking that they'll magically become sturdier and they'll be useful, only to discover when you do get them out they're soft and buckle under no pressure at all.

Dont think any of of it was directed at jack himself, he just happens to be the most recent reasonable example of a high reach bust, could use will walker, dan Nielson or the pletora of queenslanders he have drafted as less recent examples.

Who said we are trading him. Do you know this for a fact. Or just presuming.

No, they're the plastic butter knives that Sydney recycled. They're not as good as the were the first time Sydney used them, in fact they weren't that good to begin with but you hang on to them thinking that they'll magically become sturdier and they'll be useful, only to discover when you do get them out they're soft and buckle under no pressure at all.
We should have tweaked when Sydney threw in 10 bags of free cat litter that something was not right with the Stephens deal 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Back