AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish - Calf setback, another 2 weeks - 4/6

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted somewhere else - 6 years is the new 3.
It does feel like that. Which in that context, slightly above average contract for a player who's floor is slightly above average seems ok?

So because he is not big enough to be a physical beast and he tends to butcher the footy a few times most weeks he is simply shit ?
Now I am not a paid up member of his fan club but he is a good player. No he is not an A grade super star but he is not on A grade super star money despite it being at the upper end of the scale right now.
At the moment he does not have to be the bloke who carries the side. Others are playing their role and picking up the slack for his weak areas. That is what a team does. He still has plenty to offer in the right set up and we are pretty close to that set up. You do not have to have a herd of physical bulls in the middle and his quick hands are pretty creative. Was also one who got into space and provided an option a lot last night.

He seems to be judged harsher than any other player on our list, no matter how good/bad he plays he's the first one to cop it.

How many elite centre clearance players in the AFL are also great kicks ??, not many.

He compliments Merrett which makes us a better team especially if it allows Zack to play a lit bit more forward.

Physically dominated and bowled over a west coast player, won the ball and got an inside 50

9/10 on the Bruno scale last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So because he is not big enough to be a physical beast and he tends to butcher the footy a few times most weeks he is simply s**t ?

Yes. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

If you're small, not quick and are not elite by foot, unless you're an outlier freak like Neale, you're shit. Your impact will never equate to anything particularly meaningful.

He seems to be judged harsher than any other player on our list, no matter how good/bad he plays he's the first one to cop it.

How many elite centre clearance players in the AFL are also great kicks ??, not many.

He compliments Merrett which makes us a better team especially if it allows Zack to play a lit bit more forward.

Except he’s not an elite centre clearance player, far from it. His contested possession rate is average, gets most of his pill uncontested. Poor disposal efficiency and a high rate of uncontested possessions is a terrible combination.

He is rated harshly because he is on huge coin and hasn’t been delivering. Durham and Caldwell would be on half what he’s on and are giving us a hell of a lot more on field.

If you're small, not quick and are not elite by foot, unless you're an outlier freak like Neale, you're s**t. Your impact will never equate to anything particularly meaningful.
Well take the blinkers off as despite his shortcomings he can still impact a game with the right crew around him .

Except he’s not an elite centre clearance player, far from it. His contested possession rate is average, gets most of his pill uncontested. Poor disposal efficiency and a high rate of uncontested possessions is a terrible combination.

He is rated harshly because he is on huge coin and hasn’t been delivering. Durham and Caldwell would be on half what he’s on and are giving us a hell of a lot more on field.
He is not the n huge coin and his clearance stats are elite.

If there was a way to strut around like a floggy peacock which the AFL lifestyle affords him, without the added obligation to actually play AFL football, Joe Daniher would be in heaven
He’s gone as close to this scenario as is humanly possible, at two clubs

Team ruiner

You can’t have guys who sorta want to be there. Conditional effort based on the vibe is trash. The vibe is better at Bris so you see a better Joe more often, but he’s still the same Joe.

If you're small, not quick and are not elite by foot, unless you're an outlier freak like Neale, you're s**t. Your impact will never equate to anything particularly meaningful.
For real? Now you’ve come down off the crack you don’t want to pull this post?
Why would you want to utterly defame one of our best players as if they played for the scum?
I think perhaps what you mean to say is that his skills won’t get us anywhere without the likes of Merrett and Durham around him? That would be true enough

Tell me you've never played in the midfield before, without telling me.

For real? Now you’ve come down off the crack you don’t want to pull this post?
Why would you want to utterly defame one of our best players as if they played for the scum?
I think perhaps what you mean to say is that his skills won’t get us anywhere without the likes of Merrett and Durham around him? That would be true enough

One of our best players?

Is that the same guy we promoted sideways to get him out of the midfield department at the same time that we became a better team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back