Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 2023 AFL RS, AFLPA Best First Year Player, 2023 SBM, NMFC Best Young Player - signed thru 2030

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve maintained anything less than six is a complete failure.

With how we’ve played, it would be a miracle to achieve that.

‘Hopefully’ doesn’t cut it for me.

So you can’t see us winning six games.

Yet you’re giving one of the brightest shining lights we’ve got crap because of his word choice when talking about some ethereal flag.

righto.

What a class act this kid is. If there's ever been a young Pendles, this guy is it. And I rate Pendles VERY VERY highly.

He's definitely a Pendles type but not Pendles yet. When he starts getting center bounce clearances with ease as though time is standing still, then he Pendles level.

Yet you’re giving one of the brightest shining lights we’ve got crap because of his word choice when talking about some ethereal flag.

righto.
Get your point but at last check TPA isn't in the NMFC leadership group setting long term goals.

I’ve maintained anything less than six is a complete failure.

With how we’ve played, it would be a miracle to achieve that.

‘Hopefully’ doesn’t cut it for me.
Would you prefer he says definitely?

What a class act this kid is. If there's ever been a young Pendles, this guy is it. And I rate Pendles VERY VERY highly.

Mad respect for the seasoned football analysts who can spot ability that so many others miss like this.

righto.
It’s a mindset thing.

The club is ‘hopeful’ that there will be successful years ahead.

It’s a meek attitude.

It’s a mindset thing.

The club is ‘hopeful’ that there will be successful years ahead.

It’s a meek attitude.

Sure.

He is clearly in the midst of trying to lift the club from depths we’ve never known.

Picking him up on this is like complaining about the colour of the carpet while the house is on fire.

This duo will be talked about in 4-5 years as the 1, 2 draft punch that dragged us out of the sh%&show we're currently living on.

Complement each other so well too!!

View attachment 1960218
Sheezel unqunestionably yes. Already one of the best players in the comp.
Wardlaw will definitely be a good player but the ceiling at this point is still in quesiton. What's not in question is how much we all love how he plays and what he bring. Just not 100% sure like I am with Sheezel that he will be one of the best in the comp. I think Wardlaw will reach that point fwiw but it's just about him putting on size, getting more of a tank which should help him get more of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at a cafe this morning. A dad and his 2 boys were there. They were in their Collingwood kit must have just left Auskick. The boys were opening a pack of footy cards. They flicked through the cards quick till they jumped up and said, we “got Harry Sheezel, he is the best”, the dad replied, “he is a gun”. Best feeling I have felt with respect to anything footy this year!

I was at a cafe this morning. A dad and his 2 boys were there. They were in their Collingwood kit must have just left Auskick. The boys were opening a pack of footy cards. They flicked through the cards quick till they jumped up and said, we “got Harry Sheezel, he is the best”, the dad replied, “he is a gun”. Best feeling I have felt with respect to anything footy this year!

We will need some genuine figureheads/stars once we start climbing the ladder. Sheez is going to be an iconic North player, he already is. I'm stunned with how lucky we are on that front.

We will need some genuine figureheads/stars once we start climbing the ladder. Sheez is going to be an iconic North player, he already is. I'm stunned with how lucky we are on that front.
Could say lucky, but it was a ballsy move by the recruiting team that turned the disaster of JHF bolting into the picks to grab Sheez and George that draft.

Making the rest of the list look lazy. Must be Captain next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You are spot on come Round 1 in 2025 he should be captain but unfortunately it won’t happen as the players will make that decision and have McDonald on the brain and McDonald is dumb and stupid to do the right thing and step down as Co Captain as it will effect his super box sales.

Sheezel unqunestionably yes. Already one of the best players in the comp.
Wardlaw will definitely be a good player but the ceiling at this point is still in quesiton. What's not in question is how much we all love how he plays and what he bring. Just not 100% sure like I am with Sheezel that he will be one of the best in the comp. I think Wardlaw will reach that point fwiw but it's just about him putting on size, getting more of a tank which should help him get more of it
I think injurie will be the ceiling limiter with wardlaw. If his body holds up were talking crips kinda status.

Just trade the poor kid, he doesn't deserve to be stuck at this dogshit rabble of a club for 6 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back