Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

You weren't going to get another player of his ilk at 15 in this draft, not for what you wanted anyway. You have a current hole in your list when it comes to skill and delivery. He will help with that and he is also hard as nails at the contest. DOES NOT SHIRK! Maybe to his detriment with injury.
Oh s**t you've just started WWIII ;)

Welcome aboard Jedi!
Kangaspurs and I are already tucked up in Business Class on the Jedi Jalopy!

Why couldn't he get a regular gig at the Hawks? Who was keeping him out?
I can't comment because I don't know but he was in the side for the first 6 weeks or so. Got dropped because to be fair he didn't show the endeavor that he had in previous seasons (or the pre season last year where he starred). He then played at BH from memory and mysteriously disappeared from there and the Hawks team for a couple of weeks without being on the injury list (this is all from memory). He was then listed as a back complaint and never made his way back in. I would say Hartung went past him but may only be because Hartung is a better runner and we already have Jeds type in the team in spades.

Long and the short is I think with Burgoyne and Hodge in the side it was hard for him to get in. I see him as a utility that can go onto the ball for class when needed. He always reminded me of a Hodge / Burgoyne hybrid lite, if that makes sense. Very good user, very hard at it and reasonable leadership. Not as good as either of the players he would replace as a utility. His other role would be a high half forward and then he had Rioli, Breust, Gunston and structures to compete against.

Oh s**t you've just started WWIII ;)

Welcome aboard Jedi!
Kangaspurs and I are already tucked up in Business Class on the Jedi Jalopy!
Really?? For those going on about the speed, that has been played up in the media in the last week. Jed is rapid but not a jet speed wise. He moves ALOT like Pendles. Look at their gate and footage of them running. They have a similar style.

If he gets to potential - GET EXCITED. It seems a bit of an if though.

Really?? For those going on about the speed, that has been played up in the media in the last week. Jed is rapid but not a jet speed wise. He moves ALOT like Pendles. Look at their gate and footage of them running. They have a similar style.
Yeah there was some conjecture about recruiting him until oh, around 3am this morning :)

Thanks for your humble feedback MFM its good to hear the Hawks supporters genuinely feel sad that he's leaving but know if he can fulfil his potential could be a big name player for us :thumbsu:

Don't worry guys with Curry & Bastinac to go - we will shuffle picks and move up 3 live picks up the draft. Still lots of talent within top 40.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even on the unfulfilled potential, kid is a jet.
Very unhappy to lose him, would have had his opportunities once the likes of Hodge and Mitchell and co move away from the midfield.
Has been through some heartache in his life, has had his fair share of injuries and seems to have dealt with them with a minimum of fuss.
Was the preferred sub in the 2013 grand final except with his limited season (pneumonia early in the year) they couldnt guarantee he'd last 4 quarters if called upon early in the game, so Simpkin got the nod.

His attack on the ball AND the man is something you will really enjoy. loves the physical stuff!

Welcome jed! A few of my hawthorn friends have been talking him up as a future star over the last couple years. Hopefully he is a gun for us.

Good get for you guys, has a kid who's about 3 now I'm guessing so pretty well grounded by now.

Can't begrudge someone who wants to go though and can't blame him, fair trade I think, hope you guys are happy
I think its a fair trade too.
We get a young kid who ticks a lot of boxes with us moving forward and you guys get a decent pick that you can use in the draft or on trade to something else of need.
Hope this works out for both clubs.

Good pick up by North. Identified the type of player we needed and went and got him. Now with Anderson, Atley and Fordham coming through we potentially look a much quicker team.

Wont be paying overs like some.

Nah you won't.

You're more likely to pay overs for Shane Savage and do so whilst losing a top-line player, such as your premier ruck-man in McEvoy in the one hit.

That's how you guys roll.

Don't come in here and stir up s**t in a thread welcoming a new player to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back