Past 3. Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

The groupthink happening in here needs a window opened on it so the oxygen levels can return to normal. Just wow.
Or maybe, just maybe, the ‘normally sound’ posters are onto something you are not wanting to see because you desperately want Murphy to taste success before he is finished.

Felt the same way with Simmo and Matty K, they had earned a decent shot at finals before the end. Sometimes it just isn’t meant to be, regardless of how much we wish it to be.

I don’t generally pile onto easy targets as evidenced by my defending of Plowman and Casboult in the years leading up to their high finishes in the B&F. You won’t learn anything new dismissing others ideas as groupthink, without at least considering the merits of their arguments.

The groupthink happening in here needs a window opened on it so the oxygen levels can return to normal. Just wow.
You’re not doing yourself any favours with such a silly statement. I have both Williamson and Williams ahead of Murphy to play on the wing. Walsh hopefully plays most of his game in the centre.

You’re not doing yourself any favours with such a silly statement. I have both Williamson and Williams ahead of Murphy to play on the wing. Walsh hopefully plays most of his game in the centre.
I've got Murphy on the bench, that's not the point of what I'm saying at all. He played great footy this year, not this 1-in-4 quasi-geriatric narrative that's being laid on very thick and clearly from a very specific source.

Murphy is not an out and out wing player, and the wing is a really odd role in our system that doesn't lend itself to a lot of high possession games.

I think he'll be great in 2021 and I think he's a decent chance at playing in 2022, but that's about as far as I'll extend the crystal ball. He's not limping to 300.

I'm not sure if this post belongs here, but highly recommend having a listen to Murph's chat on the Dyl & Friends podcast.

I've always had a serious amount respect for this fella, but gee this interview... Every bagger should listen to this. Literally gave us everything he possibly could.

When success (eventually) occurs, he has to be recognised for his part in it all.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this post belongs here, but highly recommend having a listen to Murph's chat on the Dyl & Friends podcast.

I've always had a serious amount respect for this fella, but gee this interview... Every bagger should listen to this. Literally gave us everything he possibly could.

When success (eventually) occurs, he has to be recognised for his part in it all.
His chat with Tony De Bolfo recently is also another good listen.

Gave MM a fairly good whack as well.

Imagine a coach not ever turning up to a leadership group session. Laughable.

You just know he would have made Daisy captain when he arrived, if he thought he could get away with it. Mick was not devoted to his job at Carlton. It was just an end of career job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back