WCE Ebert #18

Senior List
Aug 6, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, East Perth
Been checking out team boards, and other phantom drafts, to see what supporters believe are their team needs. After many hours of planning, this is what i come up with.
sorry no explanations as i don't have any mre time to waste as i am meant to be studying for my year 12 exams! :rolleyes: Hopefully you will be able to see why i have put players where i have.

1st Round:
1 Melbourne - Jack Watts
2 West Coast - Nick Naitanui
3 Fremantle - Daniel Rich
4 Port Adelaide - Tyrone Vickery
5 Essendon - Hamish Hartlett
6 Carlton - Michael Hurley
7 Brisbane - Jack Ziebell
8 Richmond - Jackson Trengove
9 North Melbourne - Chris Yarren
10 Adelaide - Steele Sidebottom
11 Collingwood - Sam Blease
12 Sydney - Stephen Hill
13 St Kilda - Lewis Johnstone
14 Western Bulldogs - Ayce Cordy
15 Geelong - Tom Swift
16 Hawthorn - Jordan Lisle

Priority:
17 Melbourne - Ryan Schoenmakers
18 West Coast - James Strauss

2nd Round:
19 Melbourne - Mitch Robinson
20 West Coast - Michael Walters
21 Fremantle - Ash Smith
22 Port Adelaide - Shaun McKernan
23 Essendon - Aaron Cornelius
24 Fremantle - Phil Davis
25 Brisbane - Jarrad Blight
26 Richmond - Dan Hannebery
27 North Melbourne - Nick Suban
28 Adelaide - Nick Heyne
29 Collingwood - Dayne Beams
30 Sydney - Tom Lynch
31 Western Bulldogs - Tom Rockliff
32 Western Bulldogs - Jayden Post
33 Geelong - Rhys O'Keefe
34 Hawthorn - Luke Shuey

3rd Round:
35 Melbourne - Jordan Roughead
36 West Coast - David Zaharakis
37 Fremantle - Jarred Redden
38 Port Adelaide - Matt DeBeor
39 Geelong - Paul Cahill
40 Carlton - Matthew Broadbent
41 Brisbane - Neville Jetta
42 Port Adelaide - Sam Wright
43 North Melbourne - Tom Hill
44 Adelaide - Clancee Pearce
45 Collingwood - Jamie Sheahan
46 Collingwood - Michael Still
47 St Kilda - Jordan Jones
48 St Kilda - Rory Sloane
49 Geelong - Nathan O'Keefe
50 Hawthorn - Taylor Hunt

Thoughts???

Looks like you have just slightly adjusted the order of the BF phantom draft. Anyways, phantom drafts without explanations are boring and generic.

Been checking out team boards, and other phantom drafts, to see what supporters believe are their team needs. After many hours of planning, this is what i come up with.
sorry no explanations as i don't have any mre time to waste as i am meant to be studying for my year 12 exams! :rolleyes: Hopefully you will be able to see why i have put players where i have.
No, and this is the whole point of a phantom draft. Anyone can read a few threads on BigFooty and put 50 names together in a reasonable order... a mock draft without explanations offers absolutely no insight because whilst you could be putting Player A higher than expected, you are providing no reason for doing so.

My suspicion is that you, like several others on this board, just read the work of the likes of foj1, Quigley, Snoop Dog and co and simply rehash it in various forms, most notably the famed "no explanation" mock draft. As Tommyneu said that is nearly identical to the BF Phantom Draft anyway... how coincidental is it that you have WC picking Naitanui, Strauss, Walters and Zaharakis - exactly as in the phantom draft? I mean I am glad you are excited about the draft but I don't need people claiming to watch kids and know a bit about them when they don't. This board is diluted enough with crap as it is.

In conclusion, I appreciate the effort and enthusiasm but I don't think you have any real idea about this year's draftees. Leave the phantom drafts to the watchers who have seen these kids countless times over 2+ years and can write 1-2 paragraphs on their strengths and weaknesses.

Yarran- We have Harvey, Thomas, Campbell, Jones and Ben Ross.

Suban- We desperately need key defenders and we pass up Post for Suban?

Tom Hill-
Hale, McIntosh Goldstein and Petrie. We have arguably the best ruckman not currently getting a game in the seniors in Todd Goldstein and we are going to draft a ruckman with our third pick?

For all I know the draft may actually occur that way, but it still won't stop me from scratching my head.

Hill, Sidebottom or Swift for Yarran.
Post for Suban.
Just about all the players from picks 44 onwards for T. Hill.

i struggle to see why collingwood would take beams over a shuey or zaharakis when he's an interstate kid. Generally, clubs who are looking for a specific sort of player with the same sort of mould etc, will take the one from home state.

and Whats the point of posting a phantom draft without explaining why you have certain players where?

It seems as if Hurley will be going to Carlton and that Blease is locked into Collingwood according to thesse phantom drafts.

Well BigFooty Lock means Nothing but I would not mind at All if we drafted Blease

My thoughts would be OMG amazing.
And my actions will be jumping up and down.

If thats what Crows got. Honestly I dont think we need to aim for a KP until around the 3rd round because of Walker eg. but YES.

Sidebottom
Heyne
Pearce

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Anyway good draft.. its just like the bigfooty phantom draft though...

Yarran- We have Harvey, Thomas, Campbell, Jones and Ben Ross.

Suban- We desperately need key defenders and we pass up Post for Suban?

Tom Hill-
Hale, McIntosh Goldstein and Petrie. We have arguably the best ruckman not currently getting a game in the seniors in Todd Goldstein and we are going to draft a ruckman with our third pick?

For all I know the draft may actually occur that way, but it still won't stop me from scratching my head.

Hill, Sidebottom or Swift for Yarran.
Post for Suban.
Just about all the players from picks 44 onwards for T. Hill.

Just goes to show how underated Suban is on here. If we took Suban with pick 27 i'd be doing backflips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suban is agood get at 27 and Tom Hill will go higher than a lot of people think. I wouldn't be too unhappy super mario

Suban is agood get at 27 and Tom Hill will go higher than a lot of people think. I wouldn't be too unhappy super mario

It's not as if I'm any expert mate. I am a person that supports drafting for needs, within reason anyway.

I am peeved at the clubs drafting mentality of recent years as it has left us with a very lopsided list.

Not a bad job Kid!!!
Good effort but I suggest from now on try to give your own idea's rather then using what other people think.
Spend time on explanations and reasons rather then studying other opinions.

Remember a lot of these idiots think they are coaching their team rather then being a supporter and if you go out side you own club expect to be hammered by more informed people ok.

And the rest of you!!! leave the poor kid alone honestly its like watching Vultures at work. Naughty Naughty :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back