Past #3: Ryan Bastinac - traded to Brisbane for picks 17, 26, 28 & 47 (NMFC loses 34, 38, 40 & 2016 R3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bastinac and Black are no longer in our best side get any pick for them you can.
Plus what ever picks we don't use in the national draft we can use in pre season draft.
Not worth giving away these guys who at worst are ready made young depth for a speculative draft pick better to keep and reasses in a years time since both contracted

Freo will have to do better than a late 30s if they want black. I hope we tell freo to * off then.

If black wants to move on for opportunity well then we go back to his manager and say okay start talking to other clubs.

If black refuses and only wants freo, well then he will have to suck it up, come back with his tail between his legs and put in one hellava pre season. Because a pick in that range is giving him away for free. As much as he has shitted me this year, that is not on.

Edit... oops got so fired and didn't i was in the basti thread :)

Would love to see us back Basti in - and Basti believe he can relaim a fist 18 spot.
There has been too many years of development to let him go for an unknown quantity. Obviously the same coaching staff saw something a couple of years back to sign h to a long term contract. S He definitely has the skills / talent to be in this team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so, but it didn't work last season when he was on offer
Yer true but the thing with basti is that he needs time on ground to work into games because he relies on his endurance - the removal of sub rule and 90 Limit on interchange will help this I think and he will progress. He's the guy that is taking a little longer but I think he will come good and be very good. He's a great ball user and decision maker. He's got class - we just need to see it more. I hope he stays

Last edited:
Bastinac and Black are no longer in our best side get any pick for them you can.
Plus what ever picks we don't use in the national draft we can use in pre season draft.

was BJ part of our best side at the start of 2015? both are contracted no need to give them away, if they want to get to another club, they better perform and improve their value, they improve enough we may play them ahead of others.;)

Bastinac has 2 years on his contract and has finished 6th and 8th in our B+F.
He has currency. There is no need to panic trade him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this not in our best 22 stuff is great.... But has anyone here heard of injuries??? They happen, and it would be nice to have depth to cover them when they do. If we trade Basti after pumping over 100 games into him for anything less than what we got last year for Levi I will spew up! He is contracted, he is required and that is that!

All this not in our best 22 stuff is great.... But has anyone here heard of injuries??? They happen, and it would be nice to have depth to cover them when they do. If we trade Basti after pumping over 100 games into him for anything less than what we got last year for Levi I will spew up! He is contracted, he is required and that is that!
Exactly.

I wouldn't trade for anything less than pick 25 considering how weak this draft is.

Pick 39 or whatever it is that Brisbane have to offer is just ridiculous.

from reading trade winds and rumours we could potentially be trading:

Aaron Black
Ryan Bastinac
Brad Mckenzie
Daniel Currie

For some reason i still think Mckenzie can make it. Currie deal looks to be done and Black will find a new home. Bastinac probably has the most currency. If we trade all 4 for picks, is it really worth going in to a shallow draft with all these picks?

from reading trade winds and rumours we could potentially be trading:

Aaron Black
Ryan Bastinac
Brad Mckenzie
Daniel Currie

For some reason i still think Mckenzie can make it. Currie deal looks to be done and Black will find a new home. Bastinac probably has the most currency. If we trade all 4 for picks, is it really worth going in to a shallow draft with all these picks?
It would surely be for upgrades and players, especially when 2 of those four are contracted.

Best 22 is one of the biggest fallacies in football.

Daniel Wells is in the top half a dozen players at our club.

He played 2 games for the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back