Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - defender or forward? CC T5 in the AFL for avg. intercept marks per game

Remove this Banner Ad

a filler for what?! He would’ve been our first picked defender each week at the start of the season….

Because logue is injured.

Our starting 3 talls are logue, comben, corr.

If corr goes down, dawson comes in.

When logue is not there, pink steps in.

There's no direct replacement for comben hence why he is so valuable.

Because logue is injured.

Our starting 3 talls are logue, comben, corr.

If corr goes down, dawson comes in.

When logue is not there, pink steps in.

There's no direct replacement for comben hence why he is so valuable.
I can guarantee you that we will see Logue, Comben, Corr and Dawson playing together in the same d50. They are all effectively different players, Dawson can play small

The reality is, like most players, Corr will play his best football when the players around him are performing to a good level also.

His start to the season was like a car crash, but he seems to be playing his role to a good standard now.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The reality is, like most players, Corr will play his best football when the players around him are performing to a good level also.

His start to the season was like a car crash, but he seems to be playing his role to a good standard now.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is not the first time Corr has had an extremely disappointing start to the year after being made to play massively underdone. He usually ends up playing quite well when regaining fitness.

This is not the first time Corr has had an extremely disappointing start to the year after being made to play massively underdone. He usually ends up playing quite well when regaining fitness.

Fitness or not, name another club where Corr would be considered Best 22.

Name a club where the bottom 12 players of our 22 would get a game…

Thank you. You can't name one. And yes, I am well aware that we have more problems than just Corr.

Kallan Dawson should be considered best 22 ahead of him purely based on upside alone.

Richmond?

So Richmond have Balta (if they choose), Grimes (pretty much finished but at least has a brain), Gibcus, Broad, Brown and Vlastuin. Then they have Rioli and Short to fit into the back 6 but I won't compare as they are not the same type of player.

So which 2 of Balta, Grimes, Gibcus, Broad, Brown and Vlastuin does Corr push out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Richmond have Balta (if they choose), Grimes (pretty much finished but at least has a brain), Gibcus, Broad, Brown and Vlastuin. Then they have Rioli and Short to fit into the back 6 but I won't compare as they are not the same type of player.

So which 2 of Balta, Grimes, Gibcus, Broad, Brown and Vlastuin does Corr push out?
If we are talking at this present stage, then it would Richmond since Gibcus is out of the season, Grimes' back is not going to get any better, Balta has to play forward because they have no other tall option so it leaves them very short down back with only Broad and 20yo Brown above 190cm....Corr would slot into that backline if he went there mid season?
Outside of this season, Corr a 30yo 3rd type KPD would be only be a good fit for Carlton hunting for top 4 but whether a starting 23 or depth..

If we are talking at this present stage, then it would Richmond since Gibcus is out of the season, Grimes' back is not going to get any better, Balta has to play forward because they have no other tall option so it leaves them very short down back with only Broad and 20yo Brown above 190cm....Corr would slot into that backline if he went there mid season?
Outside of this season, Corr a 30yo 3rd type KPD would be only be a good fit for Carlton hunting for top 4 but whether a starting 23 or depth..

I said best 22! You are changing the goal posts!

So the reality is no, he would not be in Richmond's BEST 22!

Who are Footscray and StKilda missing at the moment? I could see him in the teams they had named.

Doesn't matter who they are missing. I'm talking about Best 22. Like if every player on the list is available.

Because according to our coaching brains trust, it seems that Corr is best 22 since he's been selected since Round 1 even though he's been on one leg apparently for most of it.

Doesn't matter who they are missing. I'm talking about Best 22. Like if every player on the list is available.

Because according to our coaching brains trust, it seems that Corr is best 22 since he's been selected since Round 1 even though he's been on one leg apparently for most of it.

It kind of does. If that was the best defence those teams could field, he’d get a game.

If we immediately punted every player who wouldn’t get a game at another club, we’d run out with about 6 players this weekend.

If he loses form again when Logue comes back, he might not even be in our best line up 🤷‍♂️

It kind of does. If that was the best defence those teams could field, he’d get a game.

If we immediately punted every player who wouldn’t get a game at another club, we’d run out with about 6 players this weekend.

If he loses form again when Logue comes back, he might not even be in our best line up 🤷‍♂️

It does not. Best 22 is best 22. Every player available picked on their merit. That's what Best 22 is. Not best available.

I think we have a lot more than 6 players but yes, there are a few other passengers.

I can guarantee you that we will see Logue, Comben, Corr and Dawson playing together in the same d50. They are all effectively different players, Dawson can play small

I think the issue is that their legspeed are not good.

Last year with logue mackay corr, we got beaten a lot on speed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back