Preview Farewell games and which over 30's survive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep
Goldy. We could McAvoy him. I mean he’s still the best Ruckman on our list by some way. But we’re likely a KPD down and it’s a move Clarko has made before. Tipping Goldy would hate it though.
Shiels
Greenwood

No issue in seeing out Cunners contract either. But he’d only play VFL and basically be on onfield coach there.

Shiels (if he wants it)
Goldy
Greenwood

To get another 1 year deal

Cunners to retire
Ziebell ??
Hall retire

Maybe JZ I could see going around one more time.

Id love for Cunners to get a farewell game against either Bombers or Tigers

If cunners doesn’t get a home farewell game I will seriously question our admin. That said, not opposed to him playing on. Ziebell should retire, and likewise a home farewell. Goldy, Shiels and Greenwood keep. Hall is so gone it isn’t even worth speculating.

If cunners doesn’t get a home farewell game I will seriously question our admin. That said, not opposed to him playing on. Ziebell should retire, and likewise a home farewell. Goldy, Shiels and Greenwood keep. Hall is so gone it isn’t even worth speculating.

I know it's in Tassie, but it could be against the Dees... & he can pretend every single opponent is Bernie Vince! Check out from 0.55 on this video... One of BT's all-time great calls too:

When you say home farewell are you referring to just Melbourne home games ? if so only the Essendon one remains in 3 rounds time

If any melbourne game then Richmond game in 4 rounds time

And if any home game then Hobart home game final round
Richmond or Essendon would do. Would be heartbreaking to farewell cunners in Tassie. That said, a lot to play out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only over 30s I feel we should delist is Curtis Taylor

Richmond or Essendon would do. Would be heartbreaking to farewell cunners in Tassie. That said, a lot to play out.
Yeah I’d go Ziebell farewell essendon home game

Goldy, shiels and cunners farewell in the Richmond mcg game

Hall vfl farewell

Then the final round in Hobart play a younger team with an eye to the future

When you say home farewell are you referring to just Melbourne home games ? if so only the Essendon one remains in 3 rounds time

If any melbourne game then Richmond game in 4 rounds time

And if any home game then Hobart home game final round
In true NMFC fashion they can be a replacement farewell game - where barely anybody gets to see them but it's all good because we will totally, definitely win.

Part of the HS moneyball piece

'Long-time stars Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell and Ben Cunnington (who is still contracted for another year but could be paid out) are expected to move on, while others such as Kayne Turner, Aaron Hall, Daniel Howe and Liam Shiels might also exit the club.'

Ziebell, Cunnington get a farewell game against *. Turner & Hall finish but don't - only 200 gamers get farewell games. Obviously Shiels & Howe don't get one for one season even though I really rate Shiels' effort this year. Greenwood stays on.

Goldy is 50/50. If they want to develop CCJ, Xerri or whoever else then fine, but not at the expense of Goldy getting a game. He is still a very good AFL ruckman whereas Xerri & CCJ, whilst still developing, haven't shown enough that they will develop. They haven't earned that faith. Can't play a whole season without a decent ruck. If we were to pick a ready-made one up from somewhere else, then I think Goldy might be done. Won't know that until trade period so unfortunately he wouldn't get a farewell game.

Part of the HS moneyball piece

'Long-time stars Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell and Ben Cunnington (who is still contracted for another year but could be paid out) are expected to move on, while others such as Kayne Turner, Aaron Hall, Daniel Howe and Liam Shiels might also exit the club.'
Big overhaul of talent there

greenwood and shiels are the only over 30s I’d keep, goldy only if we can’t find better ruck depth.
But replace them with a mixture of mature and young recruits, no 2020 & 2021 stupidity where they replaced half the list with kids and the likes of lachie young and atu

Rd 23 farewell game against the Tigers for Jack. Goldy and Cunners most likely to join him for a triple farewell.

This is a replacement game for us.

1690517779461.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back