Past #32: Jacob Edwards - drafted w/ #1 in '20 MSD - delisted end '23 w/ 0 NM games & 0 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on Edwards and the rumoured speculation he was holding out nominating due to the likelihood North would draft him when he’d rather be somewhere else.........

Absolute bulltish.

He knew he was likely to be taken by us as we’d been in his ear for ages, and he couldn’t have been more excited and happy about the prospect. He and his family were thrilled he’d be going to a Melbourne based club with a bright future and it guaranteed his schooling could continue uninterrupted. There was never the slightest indecision. All confirmed from a close family source.

Let me guess, you went to school with his old man. 😉😄

Needs a preseason in the gym with McKay and Taz before even looking at an AFL field

That's rather mischievous of them.

Hopefully we continue to play things well enough to get the young SA lad in the royal blue and white stripes.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The rumors that Logan McDonald will have a huge go home factor suggest we may have overlooked him for that reason. Who’s to say Horne isn’t a similar risk?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The rumors that Logan McDonald will have a huge go home factor suggest we may have overlooked him for that reason. Who’s to say Horne isn’t a similar risk?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For me, I had Phillips, Thilthorpe, DGB, Hollands and then McDonald asmy preferred picks for North.

My queries on McDonald were is he a genuine no 1 KPF or a number 2 like Larkey. But after that, if he does become a star we will struggle to hold onto him.

With Horne he is my number 1,2,3 and 4. Regardless of go home factor, he’s the clear choice.

I can’t quite put my finger on why I don’t have the same fear. McDonald said all the right things to not worry about going home. Not sure. Maybe it’s just a gut feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, I had Phillips, Thilthorpe, DGB, Hollands and then McDonald asmy preferred picks for North.

My queries on McDonald were is he a genuine no 1 KPF or a number 2 like Larkey. But after that, if he does become a star we will struggle to hold onto him.

With Horne he is my number 1,2,3 and 4. Regardless of go home factor, he’s the clear choice.

I can’t quite put my finger on why I don’t have the same fear. McDonald said all the right things to not worry about going home. Not sure. Maybe it’s just a gut feel.

Has Horne said anything about going home?
Has the media even asked him the question?

No.

Give it a rest.
For what it’s worth I’ve heard from a family friend of Logan’s namesake that this was the reason. However given the propensity for losses in translation in matters such as these, factoring in the degrees of separation, I’d say it was likely an element of the decision

I reckon it's the use of the word "actually" to be honest.

Makes anything sound more negative.

Could have said:
"Have any of the north players been in contact to wish you luck and welcome you to the club?"

Actually said:
"Have any of the North players actually called you and wished you luck or welcomed you to the club yet?"

One minor tweak and she comes off more aggressive than was probably intended.

Absolutely and the tone of her voice was in a very negative manner.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just on Edwards and the rumoured speculation he was holding out nominating due to the likelihood North would draft him when he’d rather be somewhere else.........

Absolute bulltish.

He knew he was likely to be taken by us as we’d been in his ear for ages, and he couldn’t have been more excited and happy about the prospect. He and his family were thrilled he’d be going to a Melbourne based club with a bright future and it guaranteed his schooling could continue uninterrupted. There was never the slightest indecision. All confirmed from a close family source.
The local childcare centre source still on the ball 'ey TT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back