Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, if his confidence is down and he can hit someone lace out, I'm all for it. He can build his confidence by circumventing his goal kicking. The goals will come

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If his confidence is so bad he won't take a shot from 30 out then he shouldn't be playing ones. Simple as that. It came off but still looked embarrassing. Anyway, better game so lets hope the improvement continues. Kid can play.

If his confidence is so bad he won't take a shot from 30 out then he shouldn't be playing ones. Simple as that. It came off but still looked embarrassing. Anyway, better game so lets hope the improvement continues. Kid can play.
Played a good game, but gave it off because he didn't trust his shot on goal.

But because he didn't back himself to kick the goal, he should be dropped?? This is despite playing a good game and hitting our full forward lace out. You are absolutely clutching at straws. Seriously.

Played a good game, but gave it off because he didn't trust his shot on goal.

But because he didn't back himself to kick the goal, he should be dropped?? This is despite playing a good game and hitting our full forward lace out. You are absolutely clutching at straws. Seriously.

You miss my point. Never said he should be dropped. Said he shouldn't be out there if he isn't confident to take a set shot from 30. Acknowledged he played a good game despite this embarrassing moment. Say hello to your brother for me.

Thought he was really good again on Sunday. I just got to watch the game last night, and I'm surprised how little recognition he seems too have got. Building some momentum...
Working really hard, even if he's not getting the goals himself, agree that he's definitely contributing well. And his big goal the other day was great.

Working really hard, even if he's not getting the goals himself, agree that he's definitely contributing well. And his big goal the other day was great.

Lol. Now, he just needs to sort out that ridiculous “cross the body” snap or whatever it is that cost us two clear shots at goal on Sunday. He was exciting.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Working hard has been the key for Mase in the past few weeks. Yeah, he's not have the impact I'd like in the forward line, but if he contributes in a "non-Cat" way, that's the way forward I think. I'm trusting that if he keeps doing this, things will turn. If he doesn't, he doesn't bring enough of anything else, just at the moment. (Slight hyperbole... or is that an oxymoron?)

He's building. As long he sustains the effort the reward will come.

I think Mason has been sensational the last couple of weeks. Sure needs to hit the scoreboard but work rate is there and makes the forward line a lot more dynamic. Zurhaar, Larkey, and now Garner all add to that as well. Mobile big bodies give our forward line a much better look. Actually add Tarryn Thomas to that too,,,,, his disposal efficiency and ability to find a target under pressure is sublime, building to being possibly the best first year player I can remember pulling on the royal blue and white. Just need to get him a rising star nomination as well. No better time to play geelong. Lets back it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he continues to improve his physicality, and manages to reduce the gulf b/w his kicking style and its effectiveness, perhaps pocketing his ego somewhat for a few weeks and taking easier options, then I'll be happy with his selection each week.

Building nicely.

Probably the best group of games in his career in terms of intensity, consistency and commitment.
He’s played better 1 off games (Sydney last year), but then wavered very soon after.
I was beginning to question whether he had it in him... Happy to be proven wrong on this one.
He’s been strong over the ball, committed and runs the line. His effort in the last that resulted in a Cam Zurhaar goal exemplifies it.
Hopefully the hard work pays off with a bag against the Cats!

Put his body on the line when he had to, took a big hit, and we scored a goal, well done Mason.

Hopefully the supercoachers are beginning to appreciate the power of sacrificial team related work that Mason contributes.

673627.jpg

673625.jpg
673624.jpg
673626.jpg

Missing that goal killed us. How easy does it have to be? I know we missed others but that was shocking. He needs to be dropped AGAIN.
Surely his game today is not of acceptable standard. I know he had some mates but he can't get in the game and when he does he effs it up royally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back