Player Watch 32 Travis Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

His lack of effort (and Fasolo's) was deplorable and it was just so disappointing to see.. feels like we're back to square 1 with them.

Yep, white is the third tall/ruck the same as cox. There's the answer
That line breaking goal yesterday of White is something you will never get from Cox.

That miss from 35m out dead in front is something you will never get from Cox.
That was vintage White . I am sure Cox has missed a few sitters already. Just saying that White and Cox are 2 completely different style of players with only overlap is that they can play 2nd ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was vintage White . I am sure Cox has missed a few sitters already. Just saying that White and Cox are 2 completely different style of players with only overlap is that they can play 2nd ruck.

Haha I know mate i was just s**t stirring.

Seriously though Cox has been surprisingly very accurate in front of goals within 40m.

I agree Cox and White aren't competing for a spot it is the less agile and less mobile T.Cloke who will make way for Cox imo.

Haha I know mate i was just s**t stirring.

Seriously though Cox has been surprisingly very accurate in front of goals within 40m.

I agree Cox and White aren't competing for a spot it is the less agile and less mobile T.Cloke who will make way for Cox imo.
Depends. Against GWS Cloke was great roaming around and I wouldn’t have been against a Cloke Cox Moore combo if he maintained that form.
Last night he looked like he got a message from his dad "Freo said no".

Depends. Against GWS Cloke was great roaming around and I wouldn’t have been against a Cloke Cox Moore combo if he maintained that form.
Last night he looked like he got a message from his dad "Freo said no".

Hmm against GWS he looked ok but he has not been leading long and hard regularly since 2012.

He also is poor at keeping on top of his opponents going the oyher way as is Cox so that is another real problem with that set up.

On the plus side at least we aren't discussing the merrits of playing Cox, Witts and Grundy in the same team.:drunk:

Hmm against GWS he looked ok but he has not been leading long and hard regularly since 2012.

He also is poor at keeping on top of his opponents going the oyher way as is Cox so that is another real problem with that set up.

On the plus side at least we aren't discussing the merrits of playing Cox, Witts and Grundy in the same team.:drunk:
Yep. Bucks must be languishing the thought of letting Cloke go back then, we could have done a few nice things with that trade. But that is for another thread.
On the Witts/Cox/Grundy discussion another experiment I wouldn't mind is Cox as first ruck and Grundy as 2nd. Still leaves us with a fwd conundrum but we get the best of Cox of tap work and the follow-up from Grundy.

A forward line of Cox Moore and White with Grundy in the ruck doesn't have room for Cloke, there is competition there.
Maybe it doesn't have room for Cloke but nor does it have any prospect of playing finals. Cox might improve a lot but right now he's a VFL development player. White isn't as good as Cloke. Moore will be a star but until we get a midfield with some depth, pace and footskills he'll struggle to impact much.

Our whole forward line was inept on Friday because our midfield was demolished in the guts and we have no game plan to speak of.

Maybe it doesn't have room for Cloke but nor does it have any prospect of playing finals. Cox might improve a lot but right now he's a VFL development player. White isn't as good as Cloke. Moore will be a star but until we get a midfield with some depth, pace and footskills he'll struggle to impact much.

Our whole forward line was inept on Friday because our midfield was demolished in the guts and we have no game plan to speak of.

Cox is a VFL development player who averages more goals than Cloke in 2016...

Jeez what does that say about Cloke :eek:

His pay is a different matter and has nothing to do with whether he is a better player than Cox. Cox gets a couple of possessions a game close to goal. That's his role as well as a bit of relief ruckwork. Cloke hasn't had a good year and he's long past improving as a player but that doesn't make White or Cox any better or Buckley any better able to handle his players. It's all academic with our midfield anyway. It's just not good enough and that's where it starts and ends.

His pay is a different matter and has nothing to do with whether he is a better player than Cox. Cox gets a couple of possessions a game close to goal. That's his role as well as a bit of relief ruckwork. Cloke hasn't had a good year and he's long past improving as a player but that doesn't make White or Cox any better or Buckley any better able to handle his players. It's all academic with our midfield anyway. It's just not good enough and that's where it starts and ends.

I reckon Trav has three or four good years left. Sadly it is looking increasingly likely that will be at a different club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back