Player Watch #33: Brayden 'Sausage' George

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm trying to work out his stats only for games that he played the entirety of and came up with the following:
  • He played half of the RD16 game against Bendigo. In the second half, he was rested on his return from his meniscus injury.
  • He played 11 minutes against Sandringham in the wildcard final. This was the ACL injury.
  • He suffered a head knock 10 minutes into the game against Gippsland in RD10, and then returned to the field only to suffer a meniscus injury
He also suffered a concussion in round five, but played enough in that game for me to count it towards his stats.

Therefore, if you take out RD16, RD10 and the WC final, his averages are 11.6 disposals (which includes 10 kicks a game), 3.4 goals a game (best in the NAB League), and 4.2 marks.

That's much healthier and indicative of an elite prospect.

I'm trying to work out his stats only for games that he played the entirety of and came up with the following:
  • He played half of the RD16 game against Bendigo. In the second half, he was rested on his return from his meniscus injury.
  • He played 11 minutes against Sandringham in the wildcard final. This was the ACL injury.
  • He suffered a head knock 10 minutes into the game against Gippsland in RD10, and then returned to the field only to suffer a meniscus injury
He also suffered a concussion in round five, but played enough in that game for me to count it towards his stats.

Therefore, if you take out RD16, RD10 and the WC final, his averages are 11.6 disposals (which includes 10 kicks a game), 3.4 goals a game (best in the NAB League), and 4.2 marks.

Sshh someone will just bid on him earlier now.

Edit: sorry that isn't applicable here

This was the injury:

Therefore, if you take out RD16, RD10 and the WC final, his averages are 11.6 disposals (whh includes 10 kicks a game), 3.4 goals a game (best in the NAB League), and 4.2 marks.

Geez it wasn't hyperbole from Brady then - he genuinely could have led the goalkicking with a full season. That's awesome!

Great work.

Considering he kicked 6.2 from 14 touches in R5, I would have counted that one to. ;)

Did anything happen in round 2? Very quiet that day.

Due to an ACL injury suffered in August whilst playing for the Murray Bushrangers, 18-year-old draftee Brayden George has been moved to the inactive list, clearing a spot for the addition of Shiels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Due to an ACL injury suffered in August whilst playing for the Murray Bushrangers, 18-year-old draftee Brayden George has been moved to the inactive list, clearing a spot for the addition of Shiels.

Pulling a sickie on your first day.

Respect.

Anyone with strong knowledge of the ACL process or training watcher atm ?
Would like to know what level he’s at during training. Is he straight line running yet and basic skills ?
I know they get them up and going pretty quick after surgery now but just interested !

Would like to know what level he’s at during training. Is he straight line running yet and basic skills ?
I know they get them up and going pretty quick after surgery now but just interested !
Quickly. Something is quick, something happens quickly.

They get you starting light running about 12-16 weeks post op. Light kicking (just a few, very short) around 4-5 months. Looks like he knows his way around a gym so is likely on that timeline. Lane work probably starting around 7 months.

There's no real way you can accelerate that first 5 months or so (but if you're lazy you can definitely blow the timelines out). The graft takes time.

Last edited:
They get you starting light running about 12-16 weeks post op. Light kicking (just a few, very short) around 4-5 months. Looks like he knows his way around a gym so is likely on that timeline. Lane work probably starting around 7 months.

There's no real way you can accelerate that first 5 months or so (but if you're lazy you can definitely blow the timelines out). The graft takes time.
Thanks mate ! So he’s around that 12-16 week mark then I guess ?

Thanks mate ! So he’s around that 12-16 week mark then I guess ?
Yep. All I know is he injured it in August. Probably had surgery very shortly after given he's a budding talent, so he'd be anywhere between 10 and 16 weeks I think. He's still a few months off being about to build his fitness through running. He's at probably the most annoying stage of the rehab journey right now.

You come in this place, with your ****ing facts and ****ing knowledge. Who do you think you are?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back