Player Watch #33: Brayden 'Sausage' George

Remove this Banner Ad

With Goater going down and Fisher looking incredibly suspect would love to bring Brayden into the team. Would offer that hard competitive edge that were crying out for.
I hope Brayden goes on to play 200 games, but I think we need to be cautious in seeking deliverance before he’s played one

I'm anxious to see this guy in action finally so he can shake off the messiah stuff and prove himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still can’t understand why the number 26 we drafted as a ‘damaging forward’ is playing out of defence?

Is it to get better with ball movement/grow confidence?

Is it because he has assets better suited for the backline? Great mark and kick?

I don’t get it? We’ve got heaps of 180 cm types rolling through the back now. Same can be said with unproven 180cm developing in the forward line I guess

I still can’t understand why the number 26 we drafted as a ‘damaging forward’ is playing out of defence?

Is it because he has assets better suited for the backline? Great mark and kick?

I don’t get it? We’ve got heaps of 180 cm types rolling through the back now. Same can be said with unproven 180cm developing in the forward line I guess
Brayden is closer to 190. Much bigger body than Sheezel, McKercher and Fisher. We'd be looking to play him in the McDonald/Goater role.

I think it's probably just a short term, add a new string to your bow so we're more versatile going forward kind of measure.

Could be Hurnesque IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sean connery yes GIF

My goodness. Hurn? I'd like to see confirmation that the lad exists before we compare him to Shannon Hurn.

His booming kick has been thrown forward as a reason. We know Clarko loves skill coming off HB.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

He's 186, and possesses power to boot. Comparison's just off, mate

He's 186, and possesses power to boot. Comparison's just off, mate
I don’t think it was though. Sure, I didn’t mean specifically bang on 180cm I think we’ve got one of those. I meant that range of players from McDonald, Bergman, Fisher to Sheezel etc

And even the forward line from Harvey to Curtis and Zuurhar. It’s just we have a similar range on both ends. I just would have thought we need the most urgent development in the forward half when focusing on these type of players

I don’t think it was though. Sure, I didn’t mean specifically bang on 180cm I think we’ve got one of those. I meant that range of players from McDonald, Bergman, Fisher to Sheezel etc

And even the forward line from Harvey to Curtis and Zuurhar. It’s just we have a similar range on both ends. I just would have thought we need the most urgent development in the forward half when focusing on these type of players
I'd argue that we're more likely to sort out the medium forward spots than the medium defender-who-actually-defends spots. We need someone to fill in the hole in defence. Archer hasn't gotten a run at it consistently and LMac is an enigma. Why not trial a bloke who's gonna be fighting about five others for spots in his natural position down there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back