Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

He has more upside than Hibbert and 2018 should see him with regular games. Should be tried in the midfield.
Played a bit of midfield as a junior - seems more natural to me as a defender but yes would be worth seeing what he can do in the middle in the pre season. Obviously has a good tank which is important.

I like V Dub but he is borderline best 22 at the moment - needs to get back from that injury and force his way in (like he did last year).

I felt that last year he concentrated very much on negating his opponents. This year I would like to see him also setting up play. It seemed to me that last year we too often just hacked the ball out of defence. A major area of possible improvement is controlling the ball out of defence and turning defence into attack

In what respect?

Seems a more natural footballer than Hibberd but Hibberd has a broader range of strong athletic attributes.

Think hibberd is more robotic with his movements and reactive.
Really needs to model his game on roberton from the aints with intercepting , rebounding and setting up play.

Assuming Williams and Wright are fit does he EVW squeeze into the best 22?

I really liked what I saw from him last year but i'm really interested to see how the likes of EVW, Nielson and Durdin go competing with Taz, Thompson and our raft of half backs.

Assuming Williams and Wright are fit does he EVW squeeze into the best 22?

I really liked what I saw from him last year but i'm really interested to see how the likes of EVW, Nielson and Durdin go competing with Taz, Thompson and our raft of half backs.

EVW's promotion suggests he's rated near the top of the heap internally. Durdin is a little hard to place but I think EVW will almost always get the nod ahead of Nielsen because of his superior versatility and disposal.

Bobs up near goal a bit too.

EVW's promotion suggests he's rated near the top of the heap internally. Durdin is a little hard to place but I think EVW will almost always get the nod ahead of Nielsen because of his superior versatility and disposal.

Promotion?

This

And endurance and smarts.

And this

....and for bonus points, LMac, JMac and Atley can all move up the ground to create room for him.

He is Sam Wright Mk II. Even showing all the signs of having the tissue paper body to go with the footballing ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Ed. Good size with a good head on his shoulders, hope he plays every game this year.
Agree. Appears to be calm under pressure and reliable with more than reasonable skills. Something we’re not necessarily in over supply of. I see Ed and I think 200 gamer.

Agree. Appears to be calm under pressure and reliable with more than reasonable skills. Something we’re not necessarily in over supply of. I see Ed and I think 200 gamer.
To be a 200 gamer you need to stay on the park. He seems extremely injury prone.

To be a 200 gamer you need to stay on the park. He seems extremely injury prone.
Came to us with shoulder concerns. Had to fix them and that cost him a lot of time. I wouldn't be surprised he played 20 plus games this year. The guy will be the general of defence soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back