Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looks so comfortable at the top level. Loved his handball receive running through the middle in th first quarter which he followed up with an excellent kick to Brown's chest. He's a keeper.

what a great young player- composed and clean with majority of his possessions. pillar of our backline for next 8 years +

This guy is very safe player- have confidence when it's he's turn to go and has ball in hand.
Showing signs of going past iMac already
Looking forward to seeing Sam Wright and EVW in the backline, a lot of footy smarts there.

This guy is very safe player- have confidence when it's he's turn to go and has ball in hand.
Showing signs of going past iMac already

?

He plays an entirely different role.

Typo. I think he meant iTunes.
Naaa, definitely iMac. I don't know why we play him, nothing more than a high-tech traffic cone out there.
3d519cf76c858784747ebfc48ce6fe0a.jpg

304787cbcaf7c4cf9da0567d9ef9c3ac.jpg

This ones the worst... doesn't look switched on at all. :stern look
0874cc76f220463a0eccce350ea3d783.jpg

The kid is going well.

Pace is his only query, but he is a perfect fit for the "tweeners"
He is not slow though. Has enough pace IMO as his smarts always make him a step ahead. If he had genuine speed he would have gone first round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Significantly better in the one v ones compared to Hansen, McMillan and Mullett.

Don't know if that says more about EVW or more about the other 3.

You may as well have compared him to Lindsay Thomas.

How is that not relevant? Comparing him to senior guys who he plays with in the back 6.

He is played to match up on the medium sized types with marking ability, as a pure lock down defender.

He can't run with the blokes Atley can take.

He is not a play maker like MacMillan.

He can't go with KPF's in the air like Hansen.

He is not competing with any of those blokes for a spot. He is the natural replacement for Thompson.

I get the impression that you wouldn't be satisfied until we have 22 Keith Greigs running around in North jumpers.

He is played to match up on the medium sized types with marking ability, as a pure lock down defender.

He can't run with the blokes Atley can take.

He is not a play maker like MacMillan.

He can't go with KPF's in the air like Hansen.

He is not competing with any of those blokes for a spot. He is the natural replacement for Thompson.

I get the impression that you wouldn't be satisfied until we have 22 Keith Greigs running around in North jumpers.

I'm well aware of what role he plays SB. And He plays the role very well considering his experience.

Im not comparing him to the other players on a role by role basis I'm comparing them on their pure 1 v 1 defensive capabilities. EVW and Williams have come in this year and really showed the importance of winning those one on ones.

I understand that mullett, Atley and McMillan play different roles but when they get isolated they are so poor in the one on ones that it hurts us so much. Even if we seen a 10% improvement in their defensive capabilities It would improve us hugely.

Pace is handy, but for the role he plays, his decision-making and footskills are more than enough. Lots of people forget that in making play, a good kick goes faster than anyone on that field can run (not disputing the role of pace in line-breaking and even link up work to a degree). If he can shut down his opponent, get the ball 10-15 times per game, make a good decision and execute that decision, then he's a keeper.

Pace is handy, but for the role he plays, his decision-making and footskills are more than enough. Lots of people forget that in making play, a good kick goes faster than anyone on that field can run (not disputing the role of pace in line-breaking and even link up work to a degree). If he can shut down his opponent, get the ball 10-15 times per game, make a good decision and execute that decision, then he's a keeper.
He's also shown a fair bit of maturity in knowing when to drift forward or to the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back