Player Watch #35: Charlie Lazzaro - contract extension until end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?

There’s a ******* enormous red flag.

It’s not about output it’s more about the person he is around the club. He is a popular fella especially amongst the hierarchy around the club.

Lazz is ultra smart, professional and he has a genuine love of the game. Clarko has a history of backing blokes like that in (Howe,Gilham ect amongst others)

It’s not about output it’s more about the person he is around the club. He is a popular fella especially amongst the hierarchy around the club.

Lazz is ultra smart, professional and he has a genuine love of the game. Clarko has a history of backing blokes like that in (Howe,Gilham ect amongst others)
I don’t doubt the first point at all. Strikes me as a quality bloke.

But, that counts for less than zero if you can’t do the one thing you’re paid (handsomely) to do.

OK, yeah from that pov I get it. He seems very professional and his training standards are top shelf.

No disrespect to Laz (and honestly this comes across as very disrespectful) does Clarko use players that work hard but don’t have the ability to become elite players the same way horse trainers use teaser horses to get their potential group one winners to lift their standard?

OK, yeah from that pov I get it. He seems very professional and his training standards are top shelf.

No disrespect to Laz (and honestly this comes across as very disrespectful) does Clarko use players that work hard but don’t have the ability to become elite players the same way horse trainers use teaser horses to get their potential group one winners to lift their standard?
with a limited toolbox often your best chisel is a screw driver,

As GuruBob from the Coodabeens would say; "think about that one"

Last edited:
And Phillips’ confidence was messed around with by giving this bloke first crack based on his pre season.

No wonder Phillips is playing the way he is when he is of the opinion the club brass rate this bloke ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back