Past #36: Josh Williams - drafted #36 2016 ND - 2 games/1 goal - delisted end 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell me why Garner + Wright can’t look jacked when this bloke can after half a pre-season! That’s a huge improvement in physique over the course of 10 weeks! Good stuff Josh!

Because it is a football club, not a fancy lad appreciation society.

Well because they simply don't put in the work in the gym - p*** and moan as much as you like about not having a solid run without injuries, but all you have to do is compare off-seasons of Williams and Garner.

One has been at every social event on the spring carnival calendar, as well as a 3 week European bender. The other used the off-season to improve his body via personal training. You wouldn't expect the 19 year old to be the latter.
Whose talking smack about my boy Garner?!?!

Very astute insight from someone with the Instagram app. Your speculative rubbish is getting out of hand.

Yeah look all good and well if didn't re-injure himself week 2 of preseason, but he did... again.

His body obviously requires a 100% professional approach - definitely more then it is getting.

If he wasn't carrying as much weight, his strings wouldn't be as big of an issue.

Yeah look all good and well if didn't re-injure himself week 2 of preseason, but he did... again.

His body obviously requires a 100% professional approach - definitely more then it is getting.

If he wasn't carrying as much weight, his strings wouldn't be as big of an issue.

It is obvious from your avatar where your sympathies lie.

But what is this about Garner getting injured?

It is obvious from your avatar where your sympathies lie.

But what is this about Garner getting injured?
It was mentioned on here the other day. When i was at training the other week Garns was getting worked on for about 20 mins before heading off to the gym. Unless the other track watcher saw him injure himself it ie likely that he was getting treatment as per normal.

But yeah, the sky is falling again.

It was mentioned on here the other day. When i was at training the other week Garns was getting worked on for about 20 mins before heading off to the gym. Unless the other track watcher saw him injure himself it ie likely that he was getting treatment as per normal.

I also love the way the Muscle Mary brigade think he's too fat - I saw him and Maj in the pool last year and believe me, Garns isn't carrying any fat - but overlook the fact that when Essendon massively bulked up, it gave them all heaps of hamstring injuries.

We would probably put more attention into Garns than any other player so I doubt they'd be rewarding him with 6 if they thought he was fat and lazy.

Just because some people are so dull and boring that they find spending hours in the gym entertaining, and delude themselves into thinking anyone but other dullards and possibly serial killers looking for skin suits, doesn't mean that's what a top line footballer needs to do.

So no confirmation from anyone that he's injured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches and club very happy with how good-a nick this kid came back in for the start of pre-season. His running and strength improvements have been one of the most impressive out of the younger brigade. Think he'll make big inroads this year into becoming (at minimum) a very consistent and damaging VFL player.

Coaches and club very happy with how good-a nick this kid came back in for the start of pre-season. His running and strength improvements have been one of the most impressive out of the younger brigade. Think he'll make big inroads this year into becoming (at minimum) a very consistent and damaging VFL player.
You've had quite the productive day.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Atley for one will be getting nervous. Hasn't produced enough the last couple of years and if the youth brigade are putting in the work..

Can see a harder edge to team selection this year
Atley has been saved due to his solid enough form up forward, he better start kicking goals or he could see himself missing the best 22 for Josh.

Atley has been saved due to his solid enough form up forward, he better start kicking goals or he could see himself missing the best 22 for Josh.

Not saying he will be gone. His last year wasn't terrible. But I think he's under performed, and you only need a couple of young uns showing something and he may get a rest in the VFL

but Ive got fingers and toes crossed he proves me way wrong, because his best is very good

Shaun is as safe as houses mate.

Find someone else.

I have to admit, this Williams kid is well overrated based upon exposed form.

Shaun is as safe as houses mate.

Find someone else.

I have to admit, this Williams kid is well overrated based upon exposed form.

In 2 games he had 10 marks and 4 tackles, which is okay. The rest of his stats are a bit whatever but after 2 games but they are still better than Wayne Carey after his first 2 games... :drunk:

In 2 games he had 10 marks and 4 tackles, which is okay. The rest of his stats are a bit whatever but after 2 games but they are still better than Wayne Carey after his first 2 games... :drunk:

Context my friend. View the post in its entirety.

I'm not knocking the kid in any way, I just can't see the hype that has him putting Atley under pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back