Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

A great pick and i reckon a quick trip back to 2006 is in order. We missed J Selwood due to his injuries, and have regretted it since, but we learnt a lesson. Simpkin slides due to injury, Zurhaar the same and now Kyron and looking at his highlights he's got al the tools needed.

Bloody exciting times.

Saw his highlights a couple of weeks ago and wanted him as a late pick. Him and Strarcevich. He was going to be more likely with the picks we had. Would have loved both.

Surprised only 10 clubs interviewed him. Looks like we may have 3 steals from WA over the last 3 years. All 3 of them are tough as nails kids. Like.

This kid, like LDU, has real size and power and missed last year like LDU. Looks like we are trying to get some big boys in the middle who can move. The danger, martin types who bulling the opposition.

Love this pick.

What an amazing pickup. Similar position in the draft to Dec Mountford two years ago. Our WA recruiters doing their job and being listened to by the guys here. Really smart recruiting. Looks very exciting from the video footage.

I've now got more reasons to get to some pre-season training: to look at LDU, Walker, and this guy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strong character too. Love it.

Most impressive selection. I am liking that we clearly went with blokes with huge upside in a draft that went weakish after the first 20 or so. Get this guy fit and unleash him on the VFL.

If OP is the only reason this kid isn’t a top 25 selection...
Injury history and inconsistency due to poor endurance (which is caused by said injuries), there is so much upside with this pick.

A quick inside mid, that has been a foreign concept to North for a long time.

Wow
If there was a comp for highlight packages, he wins.
Moves like wells, fends off like dusty and handballs like cunners. Only averaged 14 disposals in the u18 champs. Hopefully his sub-par 2017 was due to missing a big chunk of footy with op.

I love his kicking action. He stays really low to the ground when tracking the ball and a couple of his handballs were insane.

This bloke doesn't get a bus, he gets an APC.

I'm riding up front of this baby.

ALL ABOARD!

iu

Will play games next year.

God the VFL side could be brutal at times.

Imagine if Hayden, Zurhaar, Preuss and Mountford are all in the guts. (Obviously I’d all like then in the 1’s) but it would be glorious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back