Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

I see him as starting 18 and an important part of the rebuild - need to sign him up with a 3 year deal asap.
3 years minimum. He is tough as nails and should be part of our future
Three years would actually make Kyron our equal most secure player with Polec. Every other player's contract expires before 2023. I'd give him two but there's a good chance he's just got one year in front of him.

Unfortunately with such injury history
doubt he could be im the zone for 3yrs, but look forward to his progress next season

We had glimpses of so many guys last year. Injuries meant that getting the full team together and playing consistently just didnt happen.

A healthy list completing a full preseason together would do us wonders.

This guy is a big part of that.

Backline plus 1 on the bench:
EVW Hayden Perez Corr McKay Tarrant Mcdonald.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's only been offered one.
I think there won't be too many multiple year deals in the current environment although there will be some exceptions. I understand Kyron has had some injuries but thought he would get at least a 2 year deal. Getting offered a one year deal might explain the delay in signing.

Three years would actually make Kyron our equal most secure player with Polec. Every other player's contract expires before 2023. I'd give him two but there's a good chance he's just got one year in front of him.
I would have said 2 for sure, Jed I believe is 3. 1 would be pretty average, and possibly the reason it hasn't been done yet. I'm pretty sure Jed's is $

Very risky - if Freo offer him 3 he might go - I understand he is effectively a DFA atm so he can choose his club rather than get traded.
I believe it would be WC where most of the interest would lie, but last time red and I talked about this he seems to think he loves North. Still we'll find out soon enough, what's the cut off date for signing this year.

Very risky - if Freo offer him 3 he might go - I understand he is effectively a DFA atm so he can choose his club rather than get traded.

I like what the kid brings, but no one is going to be offering 3 year contracts to a 21 year old rookie with an extensive injury history and a grand sum of 8 games to their name, particularly in an environment where lists are getting cut.

I hope he signs on.

Would have thought two would be about the mark for both parties. Three years and he potentially misses out on upgrading the remuneration when he should start to be improving significantly in that regard. One feels like a lowball with WA clubs sniffing around

Would have thought two would be about the mark for both parties. Three years and he potentially misses out on upgrading the remuneration when he should start to be improving significantly in that regard. One feels like a lowball with WA clubs sniffing around
Nah 2 seems fair for both parties, one is lowballing the guy.

One feels like a lowball with WA clubs sniffing around

To be honest I'd be surprised if the WA clubs are sniffing around. Neither club needs his type, he'd be a luxury with full squad lists but with his injury history it might not be the year for him to think about WA.

Nah 2 seems fair for both parties, one is lowballing the guy.

The one year may have something to do with his rookie listing. If we go two we may be obliged to upgrade him to the senior list and we may want to wait and see on certain aspects of "covid normal' squad sizes before committing there. I'm sure a one year deal would have particular triggers if this is the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back