Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

Did a good job on Collingwood captain before injury in his first game

Was an elite kid. Will slip under the guard of a few if he gets some continuity.

So who would be nervous? McMillan, McDonald?

Why does anyone have to be "nervous"?

Can't we just praise a promising scratch match return from a long layoff, without shafting other blokes in the process?

Goes without saying, yet some still ask so must be said again the old plodder turnstiles

Some of you really are s**t house human beings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can't we just praise a promising scratch match return from a long layoff, without shafting other blokes in the process?

I don't think anyone was shafting, merely speculating on where he could slide in...if not a tagger, there are only two half back flank spots. Gee-whiz, are you always this defensive of half backs?

Last edited by a moderator:
[
I don't think anyone was shafting, merely speculating on where he could slide in...if not a tagger, there are only two half back flank spots. Gee-whiz, are you always this defensive of half backs?

Who knows? It's a freakin' scratch match mate, not a 40 disposal blitzing in the VFL.

It just shits me the way many folks can't praise a good effort without shitting on someone else in the process.

Happy to put this out there, the guy has some freakish attributes some of our kids don't. Let the kid chase the pill, and if he struggles with that then let him tag. A 19 year old with a vert like le bron can have a crack on the ball thanks

Can you translate this for all of us who think basketball is s**t.

Thanks.

LOL.

You want to fight everyone, you want to abuse every woman or leftist wankfest, yet we can’t call Jamie MacMillan a turnip? Or Luke McDonald a spud? Or Atley a mediocre conveyance.

Christ.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to put this out there, the guy has some freakish attributes some of our kids don't. Let the kid chase the pill, and if he struggles with that then let him tag. A 19 year old with a vert like le bron can have a crack on the ball thanks

You can’t be one dimensional any more. Even if you’re on the ball, having a crack, ‘chasing the pill’ - you gotta be able to defend when we don’t have it.

He’s building a well rounded game.

You can’t be one dimensional any more. Even if you’re on the ball, having a crack, ‘chasing the pill’ - you gotta be able to defend when we don’t have it.

Absolutely I agree KOTR, he was given a tagging role as soon as he hit the park. Just hoping they release the shackles a bit this year and see how he goes playing his own game

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

we work as a team and we do it snakes way :)

It's the predictability that irritates me.

Someone posts something positive about a promising players display, and then it's a countdown until the supercoach posse arrives to hang some poor bystander.

I usually have to wait no longer than 3 posts.

I assume they have him tracking blokes as a part of his AFL education. He could eventually shift in to an attacking player role.

I'm bullish about the kid if he can get some continuity.

I believe the club and most members feel the same way or at least feel as though he can be 'something'

For me, the talk about playing the tagger role is in no way a reflection of anyone thinking that's all he is.

Reality is that he is younger and currently we have some good midfield options and little to nada tagging options - enter one Kyron for an early opportunity to utilise is obvious defensive, tackling, strength and footy smarts that suit being trained as a tagger.

Does he have the skills to do more - we all think so. I say 'more' believing that Jacobs in full flight is as important to us as pretty much any player.

Are we desperate for a tough young kids to take over the Jacobs role - hell yes. Keeping in mind, Jacobs was a hell of a ball winning tagger.

I believe the club and most members feel the same way or at least feel as though he can be 'something'

For me, the talk about playing the tagger role is in no way a reflection of anyone thinking that's all he is.

Reality is that he is younger and currently we have some good midfield options and little to nada tagging options - enter one Kyron for an early opportunity to utilise is obvious defensive, tackling, strength and footy smarts that suit being trained as a tagger.

Does he have the skills to do more - we all think so. I say 'more' believing that Jacobs in full flight is as important to us as pretty much any player.

Are we desperate for a tough young kids to take over the Jacobs role - hell yes. Keeping in mind, Jacobs was a hell of a ball winning tagger.
Got to agree, we were interested to see his development into a run with player after watching him as a junior till drafting playing a midfield/half forward roll. He's tough no doubt, as a 17 year old we watched him put big grown men on there arse. He's a player that with ball in hand seems to find time to make good decisions, great vision, which is a trait lost to a lot of grab and panic players.
We have a lot of time and respect for boys like him, not had any easy road, but never lost focus.
2020 will hopefully be the year he can have a really serious run at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back