AFL Player #37: Nic Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I see superstar potential in this kid. Cbf scrolling back, how did we get guy? From what I’ve read he slipped through after draft or something ?

You have to wonder how a kid like this doesn't get drafted.
Amidst the glory there was a soft one handed marking attempt on the wing

Without seeing it I suspect his U18's carnival was a bit of that and a bit of going missing for large stretches. But he went and got fit and his true football class started to shine through. Just wow.

Long journey but I think we could agree .. it's all worked out juuust fine.

I see superstar potential in this kid. Cbf scrolling back, how did we get guy? From what I’ve read he slipped through after draft or something ?

He was undrafted a couple of times, trained with us during the pre-season and got signed up by us after our first practice game.

Also trained with WC for a period, possibly last year and they elected not to pick him up.

You have to wonder how many kids are being missed purely off fitness levels.
Walla was the same.

Maybe instead of athletes and trying to train their skills, pick the natural footballers and try and build their fitness.

It's actually criminal this kid wasn't drafted. I get he wasn't what he is now. But this type of talent should warrant a flyer by a team. Hell even being able to kick off both feet should get people to take a second look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was undrafted a couple of times, trained with us during the pre-season and got signed up by us after our first practice game.

Also trained with WC for a period, possibly last year and they elected not to pick him up.

I've also read that he was likely to get picked up by West Coast but did a quad at the wrong time and that damaged his chances (that may turn out to be one of the best quad's in history for us).

Nick Martin is just everything you want in a player. Tall, quick, great endurance with silky skills, goal kicking nous and evasive.
Pretty much the perfect outside player - I don't even think he's necessarily limited to just being outside either in the future.

He must be a fair chance at our best and fairest and the rising star. Not saying he'll win either of those but he's got to be in the discussion for both.

You have to wonder how many kids are being missed purely off fitness levels.
Walla was the same.

Maybe instead of athletes and trying to train their skills, pick the natural footballers and try and build their fitness.

It's actually criminal this kid wasn't drafted. I get he wasn't what he is now. But this type of talent should warrant a flyer by a team. Hell even being able to kick off both feet should get people to take a second look
Didn't Tippa's fitness levels keep him out of AFL for several years? Always had AFL level talent.

Come now

It’s obvious you love Essendon

You should barrack for us tomorrow. Just listen to your heart.

Aha oh I am absolutely gutted after that loss, but yea he proved my point entirely, 22 and 2 goals and still haven’t seen much of the media give him a mention, if he was the #1 pick or son of Peter Daicos everyone would be going crazy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back