AFL Player #37: Nic Martin - Looks like he has a runny nose

Remove this Banner Ad

my boys have caught it off me.

My 10 year old goes off his noggin when, for example, a commentator says "he's literally on fire".

"He's not literally on fire mate!! If he was literally on fire he'd be burning!!"

It's a bizarre old world when a word can start to get used to mean literally the opposite to what it means and that's ok. This is a cloud I'll continue to yell at.

(Also, while we're on it, sorry mods, it's clichéd!! Not cliché. Clichéd!!!
For all intensive purposes, Martin has been the best player in the comp for the last 2 seasons and before you say it, I literally couldn't be less bias if I tried. I know it's cliché but we found a real diamond in the rough when he walked on to our list.

* Ducks *

my boys have caught it off me.

My 10 year old goes off his noggin when, for example, a commentator says "he's literally on fire".

"He's not literally on fire mate!! If he was literally on fire he'd be burning!!"

It's a bizarre old world when a word can start to get used to mean literally the opposite to what it means and that's ok. This is a cloud I'll continue to yell at.

(Also, while we're on it, sorry mods, it's clichéd!! Not cliché. Clichéd!!!
Totally ready to literally die on this hill with you mate :)

I don't know if you're making a joke here because of all the "literally" talk, but it's actually, "For all intents and purposes".
He is

i’ve liked some of his intercept making since the eagles game. Feel like he’s more physically confident now than he was earlier in the year and the previous year.
Trying to mark with two hands helps. But agree was soft aerially and has improved heaps in this regard.

We’re moving heaven and earth to get this bloke the footy and I shit myself every time he has the ball.

Cute stuff in the bin

We’re moving heaven and earth to get this bloke the footy and I s**t myself every time he has the ball.

Cute stuff in the bin

You must be ready to change your photo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
There's almost this invisible equator with Martin's kicking, and it's the offensive/defensive half of the ground.

In the defensive half, he's probably our worst kick. In the offensive half, he's our best.

Still played alright but I'm fading him as a defender.

He kicks plenty of great kicks in the backline. But he also has more shockers. Between that and his defensive work, I’d really like to see him moved back up the ground.

Especially with Duursma and Cox missing. We need wingers.

He's obviously been prone to some shanks but I think people saying Redman or Ridley would be more effective in the role are wrong. Martin just takes the game on with his legs and plays with pace in a way those two just don't
He can do that on the wing imo.

He's obviously been prone to some shanks but I think people saying Redman or Ridley would be more effective in the role are wrong. Martin just takes the game on with his legs and plays with pace in a way those two just don't

Ridley is safety personified. Takes high percentage options and executes, you will never see Ridley attempt some of the outrageous crap Martin has tried this year.

Redman probably falls somewhere between the two in terms of risk profile in his kicking.

The issue with Martin is that he’s absolutely shanking balls he shouldn’t because he’s trying to run in one direction and kick it in another direction while he’s not looking. If he starts taking high risk options but actually dropping the ball properly and running at the target he’ll be more than fine.

There's almost this invisible equator with Martin's kicking, and it's the offensive/defensive half of the ground.

In the defensive half, he's probably our worst kick. In the offensive half, he's our best.

Still played alright but I'm fading him as a defender.
The narrative is he’s the best

But.. Caldwell is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back