Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

other clubs would be mad not to enquire

he proved his worth in 22 dunno why we think he has to prove it all over again

mrj is showing what being played continually despite a poor first game back can do for a player

anyone who bags cumdawg is just a jealous mofo who hope gold most win a flag this year
its a great comparison. both players have historically underperformed, one gets dropped and seemingly banished forever to the VFL regardless of improved form, the other they seem to want to keep in the side at all costs, regardless of form. feels like they completely gave up on cumbo a year ago and theyve just been counting the days till his contract expires.

its a great comparison. both players have historically underperformed, one gets dropped and seemingly banished forever to the VFL regardless of improved form, the other they seem to want to keep in the side at all costs, regardless of form. feels like they completely gave up on cumbo a year ago and theyve just been counting the days till his contract expires.
there is a harbinger aspect to the cumdawg's story with us, i wish i could elucidate on that but that's all that's coming through at this time

Yeah, I was gunning for those 3 and Miller, wiping just a little bit of egg off my face right now.

MRJ form, has been a total surprise to me, looking like we’ve got a pretty decent small forward who may be able to pinch hit in the midfield. Looks to have the most upside of that lot.

Cumbo, should be taking note of the performances of MRJ , Miller etc. Who are making the most of second chances.
The problem is he isnt getting a second chance.

If he doesn't then why did we retain him on the list? Could have cut or traded him for his own good
No I mean through his VFL form this year, does he deserve another go at AFL footy?

For me, it's a no.

No I mean through his VFL form this year, does he deserve another go at AFL footy?

For me, it's a no.

Probably not no.

From my point of view though, we are well beyond being at "that point". We are now in the "is this asset worth persisting with? Can this player be an AFL player? Should we cut them?"

His form in the VFL suggest, its over for him. But, his career in the AFL gives him the 2nd highest "Goals per game" average on the entire list. So based on that, i would give him 2-3 weeks in the AFL level to make sure he is definitely not worth persisting with. We literally have nothing left to lose now, except him.

For me, it's a no.
He’s been underwhelming to me in the VFL and he needs to do better if he wants to get a game. Not only for one game either as he needs to be performing consistently at a high level for at least three games.

Probably not no.

From my point of view though, we are well beyond being at "that point". We are now in the "is this asset worth persisting with? Can this player be an AFL player? Should we cut them?"

His form in the VFL suggest, its over for him. But, his career in the AFL gives him the 2nd highest "Goals per game" average on the entire list. So based on that, i would give him 2-3 weeks in the AFL level to make sure he is definitely not worth persisting with. We literally have nothing left to lose now, except him.
You can’t go on historical records from two years ago as he’s not even performing at those levels in the VFL.
I agree it’s a perfect year to play our entire list to see where every player is at bc the years a write off in the sense of being a finalist. So the only thing we can gain from it is to see where every player is at. Unfortunately for Cumberland he’s been substandard in the VFL and I couldn’t justify giving a game until he strings at least three good games.

You can’t go on historical records from two years ago as he’s not even performing at those levels in the VFL.
I agree it’s a perfect year to play our entire list to see where every player is at bc the years a write off in the sense of being a finalist. So the only thing we can gain from it is to see where every player is at. Unfortunately for Cumberland he’s been substandard in the VFL and I couldn’t justify giving a game until he strings at least three good games.
100% especially given his age now, he’s not a 1st or 2nd year player who you might be more keen just to give a taste of sr football just to show them the difference between afl and vfl level and know that they won’t have the game-plan and positioning down pat

He’s 23 and been in the system for 4 years so the minimums are non-negotiable

100% especially given his age now, he’s not a 1st or 2nd year player who you might be more keen just to give a taste of sr football just to show them the difference between afl and vfl level and know that they won’t have the game-plan and positioning down pat

He’s 23 and been in the system for 4 years so the minimums are non-negotiable
He should be dominating VFL :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should be dominating VFL :(
We should be playing him as a mid in the VFL. Was recruited as a mid, and his draft highlights had me thinking we’d pinched one from the Lions.
He’s been ordinary at half forward, nothing to lose with playing him in the middle. Worked ok last week with Sonsie

We should be playing him as a mid in the VFL. Was recruited as a mid, and his draft highlights had me thinking we’d pinched one from the Lions.
He’s been ordinary at half forward, nothing to lose with playing him in the middle. Worked ok last week with Sonsie
Agree, let the kid play.

He played through there 2 weeks ago and considering it was his first time in there for years he was okay.

We play a very tall forward line in the VFL so he has to move up the ground to get a kick, but he looks pretty switched on around the ball so it will click hopefully. Was noted he didn't train this week, so most likely injured?, once again Cumbo's stop start (byes) VFL season hampers his progress

Needs a few weeks in the 1s to prove what he’s got, otherwise he should go to another club where his confidence and self worth may improve to actually get games. He’s had 0 opportunity in so long it’s no wonder he’s playing like he doesn’t give a s**t in the 2s! You can only bust your ass for so long without reward before you stop caring for the corporation you work for.

Needs a few weeks in the 1s to prove what he’s got, otherwise he should go to another club where his confidence and self worth may improve to actually get games. He’s had 0 opportunity in so long it’s no wonder he’s playing like he doesn’t give a s**t in the 2s! You can only bust your ass for so long without reward before you stop caring for the corporation you work for.
that is spot on, anyone who has played sports before knows this. easy to lose faith in the team when you're busting your chops and you believe youre arent getting a fair go.

He proved he can play back in 2022. that is not in question, either we try to get the best our of him or let him leave.

Cumbo is not on the radar right now. He has the talent to be a good AFL player. Maybe hsi problem is Dusty. He can't adapt to being more defensive minded or rounded. So he's going head to head with the GOAT.

just an idea. No inside knowledge (in fact not much knowledge of anything much at all)

Cumbo is not on the radar right now. He has the talent to be a good AFL player. Maybe hsi problem is Dusty. He can't adapt to being more defensive minded or rounded. So he's going head to head with the GOAT.

just an idea. No inside knowledge (in fact not much knowledge of anything much at all)
His tackling and pressure has been he strongest suite this year, 8 two weeks ago, 6 with 8 contested possessions last week. I don't think Dusty has much to do with it. In fact shouldn't Dusty be going through the middle a bit more given our mids are flyweights Baker, Dow and Bolton.

GIF by LEGO Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back