Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems a better AFL player than VFL. Makes errors but then does brilliant things. Also does something we lack, kicks goals.

Would like to see him stay in for a big chunk of the season to really see what he can produce.
welcome comrade

apparently we are a cult

He was ok.
But that was about the heights we reached tonight, ok in patches.

Lol he was actually our best forward and it was his first full game for the year.
13 disposals at 70% DE and kicked 2 goals. He also had 5 score involvements, 5 marks plus 2 clearances from stoppages.

He has kicked the same amount of goals in one game (2) as Mansell has in his last 5 games
Campbell was goalless in 7 games until he was injured last week.

Give him a stretch of games. He easily makes our forwardline dangerous. Much better than the s**t we had before

I was sitting level 2 tonight and kept a close watch on him, he was probably our most liveliest player out there.
Constantly on the move and presenting an option for his teammates.

13 disposals
5 marks
2 clearances
2 goals
5 score involvements

In a team that had 14 scoring shots and 40 inside 50’s.

I was sitting level 2 tonight and kept a close watch on him, he was probably our most liveliest player out there.

13 disposals
5 marks
2 clearances
2 goals
5 score involvements

thanks mr it looked that way on telly re constant movement, but good to hear ground view perspective cos too many close shots all the time now

Lol he was actually our best forward and it was his first full game for the year.
13 disposals at 70% DE and kicked 2 goals. He also had 5 score involvements, 5 marks plus 2 clearances from stoppages.

He has kicked the same amount of goals in one game (2) as Mansell has in his last 5 games
Campbell was goalless in 7 games until he was injured last week.
Not saying he was bad, but no one was great out there tonight.
And let's not get too excited about the goals, they were to Joe the goose out the back goals. He was there and converted them, but he didn't create them.
Got into a good position and took a mark then butchered it OOF.
First full game, a good base to build off for him.

And let's not get too excited about the goals, they were to Joe the goose out the back goals. He was there and converted them, but he didn't create them.

He got the Joe the goose goals because he kept presenting and moving and buzzing around the forward line.

We’ve been crying out for these type of goals from a small forward.

Joe the goose over the top ahh no. He dropped the mark and then backed up to get the ball and run in and goal thats what happened. He wasn't gifted that goal. The picket one was a tap and yes he was good enough to run onto it and goal running in. He is obviously putting himself in the right spots.

I presented to you his stats, was our best forward. Also mentioned as examples Mansell and Campbell but you still trying to fault his game.

He got the Joe the goose goals because he kept presenting and moving and buzzing around the forward line.

We’ve been crying out for these type of goals from a small forward.
Yeah, I just don't get excited by those kind of goals. It's great that he got in a position to score them and did his job as a smaller forward, but it's the rest of his game that interests me more.
As I said he played ok for his first full game and it's something for him to build off.
If he can keep at that level and better from here he will be doing better than any other of the small forwards we've had this year, including MRJ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is still a bit undecided when he gets the ball. His natural instinct is to turn and attack, but he's been coached for a long time to share it around, hence some handballs backwards that didn't do anything or put players under pressure. Once he finds his feet and feels more confident it will balance out a bit. He makes things happen because he has what all good forwards have, he want the ball and goes and gets it.

How do you know the club see's no future in Cumberland. And why is he an he *n annoying. Did you watch his team mates get around him when he kicked that goal. It was like he kicked his first goal for the club, every player almost came to congratulate him. Team mates don't do that to team mates they don't like. Even at AFL training the players were really vocal around him according to Ceasar at PRE. So maybe he's not the annoying person you think.

He is not fully responsible, every young player has weaknesses, that is why they either take a while to get a game, or they get dropped to work on weaknesses. It seems to have taken longer for Cumberland than most because to me he is not a naturally smart footballer, but one with great athletic traits and goes helta skelta most times. There have been a few of them over the years and why not be patient with them. He's played 5 games in the season, and you want him gone, even though Morris stated if he had kicked straight he was BOG.
I said IF the club sees no future for Cumberland then they shouldn’t waste games on him. Also I think he is annoying, due to his inconsistency. Not that the players find him annoying. You’re twisting my words to try and substantiate point. Read clearly next time. Your response is dribble.

Sub is picked from the interchange so still a chance

13 disposals
5 marks
2 clearances
2 goals
5 score involvements

WHAT i would love to know, why did it take weeks to get him a game?
a lot of us were screaming for him to play and we needed a goal kicker yet we just couldnt find room for him in an absolute cluster **** of a forward line. Ill assist coach for half the price and get double results.

I liked that out of the smaller forwards he was the most natural of the lot. Went to the right spots and created moments from the limited opportunities given to him. I personally think Coulthard , Mansell,Campbell and Green are way below him and should never be in the side before him. A travesty we waited so long for him to get a game. Still has a lot of work to do , but he’s well ahead of an ugly bunch of footballers.

I liked that out of the smaller forwards he was the most natural of the lot. Went to the right spots and created moments from the limited opportunities given to him. I personally think Coulthard , Mansell,Campbell and Green are way below him and should never be in the side before him. A travesty we waited so long for him to get a game. Still has a lot of work to do , but he’s well ahead of an ugly bunch of footballers.
but still to some he ran around like a headless chook

It’s not even a debate

If Noah’s head is switched on he is a jet.

Powerful explosive skillful beast, has all the tools to be a goal kicking match winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back