Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol KC. Your post reads like a real “rod and carrot” approach to X - he must be be good, but he can’t be good because they were crap, but he was up against pretty good players...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I haven't got a horse in this race Miss Venezuela of course we all want him to do well :).

Basically his stats were impressive, the opposition was poor and his video highlights were ho-hum. Imo, of course.

How is he doing in the VFL? havent been able to watch it for some time myself

Tristan Xerri has been putting a good body of form together at VFL level so far this season, but took on one of his biggest challenges of the season against Box Hill.

Taking on primary ruck duties, Xerri had to contend with not only Ned Reeves and Keegan Brooksby, but also AFL veteran Jonathon Ceglar, looking to prove his fitness for a potential AFL recall.

Xerri once again performed admirably and finished with 18 disposals, 23 hitouts and a goal.

“At the moment being the only recognised ruck he (Xerri) has his work cut out for him, but he’s competing really hard and playing pretty well at the minute,” Adams said.

“He was pretty cooked by the end of the game ... they (the Hawks) had three rucks rotating through there at times.

“The way he’s attacking the contest and pushing for AFL selection each week is really encouraging.”

What do you make of Xerri's forward craft? As per last few pages, I'm not quite seeing it. He can clunk one and kick straight but I don't see a budding Drew Petrie in there.

Would love to be wrong.

It's good. He's rarely outmarked, fights like a demon once it hits the deck and is a solid kick for goals. He's also creative.

This might sound funny but X needs a run in the seniors just so he can get a rest. They are going to burn him out rucking solo in the 2's against 2-3 ruckman every week.

But seriously I think his inclusion will help Larkey and Zuurhar. Plus we need to find out if X can cut it a AFL level. We have got our win. This is the year to do it.

This might sound funny but X needs a run in the seniors just so he can get a rest. They are going to burn him out rucking solo in the 2's against 2-3 ruckman every week.

But seriously I think his inclusion will help Larkey and Zuurhar. Plus we need to find out if X can cut it a AFL level. We have got our win. This is the year to do it.
Yeah even just 1 week of Xerri in for Campbell, now is a great week to do it too

Xerri playing forward and second ruck, will run less than he would in the vfl as the sole ruck as you say and gets a taste of afl level. He might even dominate which would be an added bonus

Yeah even just 1 week of Xerri in for Campbell, now is a great week to do it too

Xerri playing forward and second ruck, will run less than he would in the vfl as the sole ruck as you say and gets a taste of afl level. He might even dominate which would be an added bonus
They won’t change a winning team unless they have to

I was listening to Goldie’s interview from yesterday on the nmfc app and he was saying he was finding it hard earlier in the season with just him rucking and almost 100% gametime.

He is such a precious asset to us that I hope we look after him later in the year. Xerri needs games as well. I wouldn’t be averse to resting Goldy in the back half of the year so he’s fit and firing for for preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is such a precious asset to us that I hope we look after him later in the year. Xerri needs games as well. I wouldn’t be averse to resting Goldy in the back half of the year so he’s fit and firing for for preseason.

I think he's actually important in developing the kids around him. They pick up a lot of "game sense" when he's around them.

I think he's actually important in developing the kids around him. They pick up a lot of "game sense" when he's around them.

For sure. That’s kind of my point. Hopefully he can do it for another 3 years post this season.

Just don’t want him run into the ground.

Particularly when we have a kid that needs gametime and a good mature stop gap in Campbell.

How is he doing in the VFL? havent been able to watch it for some time myself

RL has done you a favour, our VFL team is almost unwatchable. That isn't a dig at those having a crack, but I think most suburban leagues are fielding better teams.

I’m looking forward to seeing him in the forward line / chop out for Goldy in the future

He’s playing well in one of the worst VFL teams I have seen in years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back