Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - has signed a 4 year contract extension to the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the kid and want him to do well but his highlights vs Southport didn't particularly display much imo.

27 possessions shows some good running and nouse but it's against a NEAFL side, admittedly with some ok ruck options.

In terms of the game involvements themselves nothing stood out to make me think we're doing him a disservice playing Campbell ahead of him at the moment.

I like the kid and want him to do well but his highlights vs Southport didn't particularly display much imo.

27 possessions shows some good running and nouse but it's against a NEAFL side, admittedly with some ok ruck options.

In terms of the game involvements themselves nothing stood out to make me think we're doing him a disservice playing Campbell ahead of him at the moment.
I think he’s more of a kpf tbh.

Hmm if he is it's a pure workhorse type. I love his spirit and think he's an ok chance to become "a player" but don't see the finesse in his movement to be a fulltime key forward.

Indicates that Nobe's thinks that Xerri is more of a forward.

Indicates that Nobe's thinks that Xerri is more of a forward.

Quite possibly mate no idea where the club sees him. Just judging the footage from u18s to now, he's a little mechano in his movements at times.

I've compared him to a Nankervis more than a Hale/McIntosh and he still appears that way to me.

Quite possibly mate no idea where the club sees him. Just judging the footage from u18s to now, he's a little mechano in his movements at times.

I've compared him to a Nankervis more than a Hale/McIntosh and he still appears that way to me.

If you could get a Toby Nankervis type with pick we used on Xerri, you'd take it.

Not a bad comparison tbh. I am little bit concerned about his ruck work, but I think he is big and mean enough to provide a forward target for the next year or two.

That's all true, but surely if he's got any future with the club, he has to be playing AFL now. Preferrably every game if he's fit. We need to see what he can do, and playing him in the VFL is absolutely pointless right now, especially given the sort of VFL side we have at the moment. I know dropping Campbell after his best game for the club is tough, but we may as well play all three. It's not like it will hinder our chances of winning the game, given the way we are going.

If you could get a Toby Nankervis type with pick we used on Xerri, you'd take it.

Agree. I just don't see a natural forward in him. He very brief AFL stats are misleading.

That's all true, but surely if he's got any future with the club, he has to be playing AFL now. Preferrably every game if he's fit. We need to see what he can do, and playing him in the VFL is absolutely pointless right now, especially given the sort of VFL side we have at the moment. I know dropping Campbell after his best game for the club is tough, but we may as well play all three. It's not like it will hinder our chances of winning the game, given the way we are going.

Would be fine to play him as a 3rd ruck/tall but no way at the expense of Campbell. Sends the wrong message through the group at many levels.

Agree. I just don't see a natural forward in him. He very brief AFL stats are misleading.

Would be fine to play him as a 3rd ruck/tall but no way at the expense of Campbell. Sends the wrong message through the group at many levels.
Agreed. I'm not sure his forward craft in the vfl is anything more than being bigger than his opposition. Good numbers against southport but again those are numbers tommy put up every week. Im not against him coming in on the back of that, just not at the expense of the big soup. Im inclined to think we would be too much having 3 ruck/fwds but if ever the time is to try, its now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting exercise R.Z.
Tarrant, Corr, Jed, Dumont, LMac, Polec, Jaidyn all fit. Who is out ?
Good question. Without actually checking who played on Saturday, I’d guess ChazLaz, Walker, Young, Taylor, Menadue, not sure who the other two might be. A week ago would have said Zurhaar can have a spell but mostly liked his efforts against the pies. Campbell's needed for structure, I like the idea of letting Mahony keep building in the ones, Hall's been good, Turner’s in the leadership group, ... if all those 7 plus Bonar are fit and available we’re back to actual competition for spots which would be nice.

We were flogged by 100 points weren't we? 27 p’s is pretty good in that sort of trouncing

Lol KC. Your post reads like a real “rod and carrot” approach to X - he must be be good, but he can’t be good because they were crap, but he was up against pretty good players...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back